How to help a child 2-3 years begin to speak: exercises, articulatory gymnastics, games, advice of specialists
Experts believe that in 2 years in the vocabulary of the child should be at least 50 words. But what should parents do if the two-year-old does not speak? From the efforts of adults much depends, namely: the early development of speech in the baby and the content orientation of the speech development of crumbs, his ability to actively perceive words. Of course, every child is individual and begins to talk within the time frame, but you can still help develop this skill with special exercises and developing games.
How to talk a child: effective methods of speech development in children 2-3 years old
The most common method of developing a baby’s speech, which parents use, is a reception called Mom. Yes, indeed, this method is useful, but it is by no means the only one. This technique is suitable for very young children who have just started to pronounce the first sounds. But, if this method encourages the crumb simply to imitate and unconsciously repeat for the parents, then the following techniques will help the child pronounce the words meaningfully and understand what is at stake.
Wishing to develop speech skills in the child, try to expressively describe everything that he does. At the age of one year, children begin to actively explore the world around them. They touch objects, open and close doors, touch everything with handles.
Take as a rule to describe his actions. For example, when opening and closing doors, say: Open the door, close it. If the child picked up an item, describe it. For example, if a child took a spoon, you can say: Look, you have a spoon in your hand. It’s a spoon. Encourage any activity of crumbs and focus on what he does.
Articulatory gymnastics for speech development in young children
Developing the speech of the baby from an early age, you will help the crumb faster express your thoughts and desires through words. The main goal of articulatory gymnastics is to give the child to develop a certain skill for literate pronunciation of sounds. By training the speech device, you help the child learn the words correctly.
Recommendations for conducting speech gymnastics:
- Do exercises regularly, because any skill should be fixed gradually.
- Do not offer the baby more than 2-3 exercises at once.
- Each lesson should last 5-10 minutes.
- Be sure to fix the completed exercises several times.
- Conduct gymnastics in a playful form, as the baby will be uninteresting to perform static, monotonous movements.
At 2 years of age, the children's speech is not clearly pronounced, but for the sake of prevention one should perform simple and amusing exercises.
- Open-close the gate . Invite the baby to open her mouth and hold this pose for a few seconds.
- Show me the fence. When you offer a crumb to show a fence, he must close his teeth and smile broadly.
- Clean-clean the teeth . Together with the baby, open your mouth wide and use your tongue along the inside and outside of your teeth.
- Artist . This exercise is more complicated. Suggest to the crumb tongue how to draw in the sky any elements. And then, as a painter, you can completely paint over the entire sky.