Water for newborns. What kind of water to give a child from birth?
Water; such a necessary product, from the earliest childhood a person needs a large amount of liquid so that it harmoniously grows and develops. Therefore, young mothers immediately after the birth of a child are wondering how and when to start giving water to your baby, and whether any additional liquid is needed for a baby other than milk.
Water carries life, and, accordingly, the role of this fluid in people’s lives is not exaggerated:
- Vodice actively participates in every metabolic process that takes place in the body.
- Regulates body temperature.
- Carries out the delivery of nutrients and minerals dissolved in it to cells and tissues.
- With the excess liquid, metabolic products are excreted from the body.
- In addition, it is the source of all the necessary mineral salts and fluoride.
What kind of water can be given to a child – the basic requirements for children’s water
But not all water is useful. In the one that runs from the aqueduct, can contain various bacteria, radionuclides, heavy metals and other poisonous and harmful to the adult, and even more so of the child’s body matter. She can not give her little children!
- Or install a deep filter.
- Or use bottled water for children’s drinking and soups, which meets all sanitary rules and norms.
But boil water is not recommended, because heat treatment completely kills in it not only harmful microbes, but also useful trace elements.
But the water from the tap to give the newborn should be very carefully, it is better to completely eliminate it from the diet or buy a filter with a deep purification.
There are some indications of a lack of fluid in the body.
- In the listlessness and apathy of the baby.
- In the dryness of the mucous membranes.
- In the fall of the fontanel.
- In problems with urination (daily norm not less than six times).
In case of detection of at least one of these symptoms, try to give the baby more often and every time between meals, drink it with water (up to 20 ml at a time). Thanks to these manipulations, the water-salt balance in the body of the baby will be restored in the shortest possible time.
Where to buy and how much is the bottled water for children?
Prices for children's bottled water may vary depending on the manufacturer. On sale there is water in containers with a capacity of 0.33 to 5 liters. The average cost per liter bottle is 40-50 rubles . You can buy it in any supermarket or grocery store, in some pharmacies.
The water in the glass container is most useful, but the price for it is slightly more expensive than the analogs spilled on plastic bottles. If you decide to save money and buy some water in a polycarbonate bottle, choose one where on the bottom there is a triangle marking with the number 7 inside. Such plastic is environmentally friendly, safe for health and does not contain harmful impurities.