How to get rid of nightmares to a child 4-6 years; causes of nightmares, psychological advice, successful experience of moms
According to statistics, almost every third child between the ages of 4 and 6 suffers from nightmares. Why does the toddler have terrible dreams and how can parents help him to cope with this problem?
If the family has an unhealthy psychological atmosphere or the child does not have a relationship with peers in the kindergarten, he begins to experience a lot of stress, which in turn can trigger nightmares, in which threatening pictures prevail: death, danger, chase. They are so real that the crumb swiftly awakes from fear and then is afraid again, to fall asleep.
Nightmares in children, between the ages of three and six, can occur for the following reasons:
- According to psychologists, all the emotions of a woman during pregnancy are reflected in the state of the embryo and can subsequently influence the child’s mental development. If during the gestation of the fetus she experienced fear or depression, it is likely that the child will be tormented in the future by nightmares.
- Provoke psychological problems can often occur between parents; too strict education or lack of close emotional contact of the mother with the child.
- Nervous overexertion or severe fatigue.
- The kid spends too much time at the computer or often watches scary movies on TV.
- Social disadaptation, lack of frequent communication with peers.
- Nightmares can arise as a result of an operation or an automobile accident.
- Phobias, for example, fear of closed space and darkness.
- Crowded bladder.
- Violation of the regime of the day.
- The presence of any disease: ARVI, enuresis, fever, as well as diseases of the respiratory and cardiovascular system.
- Change in the habitual diet or use of too sharp and heavy food.