How can a baby lay sleeping at night or during the day?
Ideally, a newborn must sleep from 17 to 20 hours per day. But, it turns out, every baby sets his rhythm on his biological clock. Moreover, studies have established that such clocks are laid in each on a genetic level and do not depend on the upbringing and influence of the environment.
The reasons for the fact that a baby can not fall asleep, although it really wants, can be very different. Even a doctor sometimes can not determine why this happens. But, nevertheless, the child still needs to show a good pediatrician to exclude the physiological causes of poor sleep.
- intestinal colic (more than 70% of infants can not sleep precisely for this reason);
- violation of breathing (for example, when the infant has a cold);
- increased body temperature;
- skin irritations, intertrigo;
- Iron-deficiency anemia;
- rickets (the baby shudders when falling asleep);
- neurological problems.
I must say that problems with the nervous system are not so common. And, most likely, the reason for your child’s poor sleep is in something else. However nevertheless it is necessary to receive consultation of the neurologist. In addition to physiological, there are also emotional causes of sleep disorders.
- negative situation in the house;
- bad mood or depression of mother (especially if the baby is breastfed);
- long and regular stay away from home (for example, a child often visits a polyclinic where there are many outsiders);
- the constant presence of a large number of people in the house.