How to identify autism in children under 6 years of age: signs, tests
Today, in the world of autism (autism spectrum disorder or RAS), every 88 children suffer. This morbid state of mind is very treatable in early childhood. Below is information that will help understand the causes of autism. Special tests in the article will help assess the child’s propensity for RAS. However, one must remember that only a child psychiatrist can put the correct and accurate diagnosis.
Autism; the morbid state of the psyche, the immersion of man in himself, the desire to escape from contact with the world around him.
Earlier, when autism was a poorly understood disease, it was believed that its cause was the psychosocial factors that affect the child during its development. But over time, doctors and other specialists in the field of psychology and psychiatry came to the conclusion that the main reason that provokes autism is biological factors.
- Congenital metabolic disorders , which debut in the fetus in utero. In this case, at the pathogenetic level, there is a discrepancy between the production of certain neurotransmitters and hormones.
- Autoimmune processes , at which there is a failure in the formation of normal nerve cells and their connections among themselves. Such early intrauterine disorders become the basis of various pathologies of the brain.
- Prenatal or postpartum complications . These include maternal rubella during pregnancy, post-syphilis, meningitis, rheumatism, encephalitis and other serious infectious diseases.
- Hereditary factors .
- Biochemical disorders in the body, which develop in utero.
- Violations of cognitive functions and speech .
- Emotional disorders .
- Simultaneous interaction of several of the above factors.
© 2014-2016 Site materials are protected by the laws of the Russian Federation on copyright and related rights.
When using and reprinting material, an active and indexed link to the site is required!