Diagnosis of ADHD – all about the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in a child
ADHD Is a syndrome of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, which is manifested by poor concentration of attention, excessive impulsiveness and activity.
The causes of ADHD in children:
- severe pregnancy of the mother;
- presence of severe chronic diseases in the child;
- Passed in infancy or early childhood, dangerous infectious diseases.
The third part of children with this diagnosis outgrow this condition. Definitely determine ADHD in a child can only a specialist (psychiatrist, psychologist or neurologist) with the help of special techniques. However, only parents (or teachers) can pay attention to the atypical behavior of the child and give it serious significance.
Until 3-5 years, parents rarely can independently determine concentration disorders or excessive activity in a child. Starting from the moment of visiting the kindergarten, parents (or educators) may notice the child’s difficulty with concentration.
Features of behavior of children with ADHD:
- Children with ADHD are difficultplay in developing or logical games, concentrate on the task.
- A child with ADHD is unable to start a task and bring it to the end, he often starts tasks and throws them, switching to something else.
- Manifestations of hyperactivity in children are frequent active movements of the child. He can not sit still, but wants to get up and go somewhere or run away. It is difficult for him to play quietly and to behave calmly.
- The impulsive child can not wait calmly for his turn, interrupts others and does not allow them to say their thoughts to the end, shouting at lessons, interferes in the lessons of other children, talks a lot not on business.The manifestations of impulsivity in children are more clearly visible in late preschool or early school age.