How to recognize an allergy to a mixture in a newborn baby?
The usual nutrition of newborns is breast milk. But what if the mother is unable to feed the baby for some reason? Then the baby is transferred to the artificial feeding with a special infant formula. But the choice of a mixture is not so easy, often the children develop an allergy. How it manifests itself and what our article will tell us.
In some sources it is written that the food allergy to the mixture begins to manifest at about the age of 2-3 months. But in fact, if the chosen mixture for some reason the baby does not fit, then the allergic reaction will not keep you waiting.
Pediatricians call three basic forms of manifestation of such a reaction:
- Cutaneous manifestations: from usual small pryshchikov, similar to urticaria, to atopic dermatitis.
- Gastrointestinal manifestations: colic, diarrhea, constipation, too frequent and profuse regurgitation.
- Manifestations from the respiratory system: rhinitis, bronchitis, asthma.
Why can a newborn child have an allergy to the mixture?
In fact, if the condition of the child after entering into his diet mix has changed dramatically, then there is reason to think about allergies.
- The baby began to regurgitate after each feeding more than 1-2 times.
- Became restless to sleep.
- The skin on the cheeks, spout, forehead, neck and forearms flushed and began to peel off.
- Constipation began to appear.
- On the contrary, the baby had diarrhea.
- Breathing became difficult, and mucus began to accumulate in the nose and nasopharynx.
How to transfer the child to another mixture without consequences?
The translation should be carried out gradually, ideally it should take about two weeks. Gradually replacing the old mixture with a new one. It is necessary to give part of the new, and then to feed the old one. Try to replace you can first one feeding per day, if the baby does not become worse, the next day increase the percentage of the new mixture and reduce the amount of old. So gradually replace each feeding and clearly track the reaction of the baby.
How much does the baby have allergy to the mixture?
The time question for each child is individual. Someone after 2-3 months, and some have an allergy the next day after entering the mixture. Everything depends on the degree of maturity of all body systems and the general predisposition to such manifestations.
Perhaps, by your attentiveness you will save the baby from allergic reactions.
Add a comment Cancel reply
to meet the specific circumstances of your health, and is not a medical recommendation.
© 2014-2016 Site materials are protected by the laws of the Russian Federation on copyright and related rights.
When using and reprinting material, an active and indexed link to the site is required!