Good day, dear colleagues. In today’s material we will get acquainted with one very common disease of aquarium fish called Lepidorthosis. The causative agent of this disease are two types of bacteria: Aegomonaspunctata and Pseudomonasfluorescens.
If it is simpler to say, then lepidorthosis is understood as powder scales. But let’s understand in order.
The rate of progress of the disease is quite slow. As a rule, if you do not take any measures to treat diseased fish, they die.
But if you take timely measures to care for your pets, then everything can end well. The causative agents of this infectious disease live in natural waters. An infection can get into the home aquarium if you use common fishing gear and other fish accessories.
Also, fish that have not been in quarantine can bring an infection to the aquarium. In addition, the causative agents of lepidortosis may be contained in the aquarium soil and aquatic plants.
At the earliest stages of Lepidortosis, the most obvious symptom is the rise of scales in some parts of the body. As the sores develop, the infection will spread throughout the body of the fish. The cause of the spreading of scales is the formation of small pustules with liquid under the scales.
In rare cases, damaged scales may fall out. Disease over time will cause a violation of gas exchange processes.
Most of all is the danger to the young, which in the initial pores of their lives breathe skin. However, do not blame lepidorthosis for a symptom of scale dilution; the same symptom can occur with mycobacteriosis and ichthyosporidiosis.
To establish the correct diagnosis, the fish need to take a smear on the study.
- To cure this infectious disease is possible only at an early stage, only in the case when the fish is observed on certain parts of the body. The most common drugs are bitsillin-5, biomitsin and white streptotsid. If you are treating infected fish in a separate tank, you can use the main purple K.
- When treating biomycin, they are governed by a proportion of 1.5 grams per 100 liters. The course of treatment takes about a month, and a new medicinal dose is introduced into the aquarium every week;
- When treating white streptotsidom guided by the proportion of 15 grams per 100 liters. The duration of treatment and the technique is the same as in the treatment with biomycin;
- If you use Bicillin-5, then the proportion is already 500,000 units per 100 liters of water. To begin with, the aquarist must correctly calculate the dose of the medicine and dilute it in a glass of water. As soon as you stir the medicine in a glass, you need to pour the mixture into the aquarium. The treatment period is about a week and the treatment solution must be prepared every day;
- When using therapeutic baths, the medicinal mixture consists of the main purple K. with a proportion of 0.1 grams of medicine per milliliter of stock solution. Next, this solution is stirred in a liter of water, where the fish are planted for 4 days.
If your fish develops scales around the body, then such fish should be destroyed. All aquarium equipment and the jar itself must be thoroughly disinfected with 5% solution of hydrochloric and sulfuric acids or chloramine.
Aquarium soil comes from the jar and progulivaetsya in the oven. and aquarium plants are placed in a solution of bitsillin-5 for 6 days at an antibiotic concentration of 15,000 units per liter of water. In addition, the aquarist should prepare a new medicinal solution every day: the antibiotic is diluted in a 200 gram glass and poured into a container with grass. Also, plants should be in low light, roughly speaking in the twilight.
The temperature of the treatment solution should be approximately 26 degrees Celsius.
Preventive measures and drugs
The main preventive measure is to prevent non-disinfected plants and soil from entering the home aquarium from a natural water body. In addition, all new fish must be kept in quarantine.
- white streptocide
- main purple K
- TetraMedica General Tonic
- Sera Ectopur additive
- Sera Baktopur direct