The child sweats in a dream: we study the reasons of the raised diaphoresis and we eliminate a failure in an organism of the kid
Thermoregulation in infants is imperfect, so body temperature and the amount of sweat secretion can change significantly if there is no apparent cause. Many parents notice that the child sweats heavily in a dream. This raises many questions and concerns. Consider the possible causes of excessive sweating and ways to solve them.
Sweating at night is much more common than it seems to some parents. Up to 5 years, the sweat and sebaceous glands of the child’s body function unstably, so every tenth child suffers from a nighttime hyperhidrosis. There are many reasons for this phenomenon, from the most harmless to serious ones.
- Excessive wrapping. Overheating is a natural cause of night sweats. To avoid this, you should carefully monitor the temperature regime in the children’s room, as well as the quantity and quality of clothing worn by the toddler.
- Consequences of the transferred cold and ARVI . The immune system fights infection by raising the temperature. Strongly sweating, the children’s body gets rid of harmful toxins and does not allow overheating of the body. 2-3 days after the acute phase of the disease, sweating should come to normal.
- Hyperactivity. Children of early age can sweat after active games. This fact is associated with a large number of sweat glands: the kids have much more than adults.
- Allergy. Abundant sweating can be a reaction to a plant, animal or synthetic irritant. In such cases, it is sufficient to identify and remove a possible allergen from the environment of the crumbs, so that the thermoregulation normalizes.
Phenylketonuria is a rare hereditary disease associated with impaired amino acid metabolism. Pathology can be determined at the initial stage by the smell: the sweat secretions acquire a murky aroma. Timely diagnosis and proper treatment will help to avoid possible complications. In the absence of treatment, phenylketonuria adversely affects the central nervous system.
Note: if a one-year-old child is disturbed by thermoregulation and during daytime sleep, this can be observed in pathologies of the cardiovascular system.
Do not yourself seek the cause of increased sweating, so you can cause more damage to the child's body. The doctor will put an accurate diagnosis and explain the reasons for the violation. Often a child can sweat for natural reasons, and not because of a certain problem. Pediatricians advise paying attention to the following factors:
- The right clothes. Try to wear crumbs in the weather and choose pajamas only from natural fabrics. Overheating for baby health is much more dangerous than short-term cooling.
- Observe the temperature regime. The room should not be hot or stuffy. The ideal air temperature is 20-22 ° C. Also, do not cover your baby with a warm blanket. It is proved that children who sleep in comfortable conditions, get sick much less often.
- Before going to bed, the room should be well ventilated. Humidity plays an important role in the quiet sleep of the baby. Unlike adults, thermoregulation of small children begins with respiratory organs. In winter, heating devices significantly dry the air, so it is worth considering the purchase of a humidifier or other methods of solving the problem (you can hang on the radiators wet towels).
- Bed linen should not be made of synthetic materials. It is advisable to purchase kits without dyes and bright drawings.
- Bathing. Water procedures wash off the sweat and cleanse the pores of the skin. The best effect will be achieved if the sweating baby is bathed in cool water at a temperature of about +32 ° C.