Choose a moisturizer for the baby with the mind
Humidifiers play an important role in our lives, helping to create an exceptional microclimate for the whole family. Especially often resort to the acquisition of these devices in the cold seasons. At this time, the heating system and additional devices for heating the room are switched on to a maximum, the side effect of which is a strong drying of the air. If we are talking about the children’s room, then the optimal humidity should be 40-60%, and in case the baby often suffers from acute respiratory infections, then even from 50 to 70%. The purity and humidity of the air are extremely important for maintaining the child’s normal health. Before you come to the store and choose a humidifier, you should familiarize yourself with the basic principles of the operation of these devices, their varieties, and also remember that improper operation can lead to even more undesirable consequences than dry air in the children’s room.
In which case it is necessary to purchase an air humidifier
The real boom in the sales of moisturizing air devices begins in our country at the time of the onset of cold weather. Caring parents know that during the heating season the humidity in the apartments is about 20%, which is similar to the humidity level in the desert.
Some moms and dads believe that if the air is well ventilated in the winter, then it is saturated with moist air, therefore, the problem goes away by itself. But in fact, with such airing, the humidity level in the room does not increase, the air only cools.
- The power and performance of the machine should be proportional to the volume of the room. Best of all, if through the technique will pass the full volume of air in one hour. In order to calculate the volume of air mass, it is necessary to multiply the height of the ceilings by the total area of the room;
- it is important to pay attention to the volume of the water tank, since this indicator will determine the possible operating time of the device. For continuous operation throughout the night, usually four to five liters of purified water is enough;
- make sure that the machine has a moderate water flow. To complete the full range of tasks for this technique, an average of eight to twelve liters of water is consumed per day;
- if the device is purchased for the children's room, then an important parameter is the noise level during its operation. The most optimal is the version of the technique that has a function of sleep, allowing you to leave the device working at night, when the baby sees dreams;
- Ask yourself about accessories, such as detachable cleaning filters. It is important to find out what filters can protect, what is their validity and where they can be purchased for replacement;
And do not forget to change the humidifier filters in time