Vomiting with bile in a child – an occasion to immediately contact a pediatrician
Vomiting is a protective function of the body, which allows you to remove foreign bodies from the stomach or harmful substances that come with food. Initially, the patient feels nausea, then in the stomach spasms begin, the esophagus widens. The most dangerous is vomiting with bile. Such a symptom may indicate the development of serious violations. If problems have begun in the child, react immediately.
Vomiting is one of the manifestations of motor activity of the gastrointestinal tract. In the brain of each person is a vomiting center, which gives the command to reduce the musculature of the stomach. As a result of negative factors (poisoning, infection, ingestion of a foreign object, disturbance of peristalsis), food is pushed into the mouth. In some cases, the food lump is mixed with bile. Vomit becomes a characteristic yellow shade.
Bile is a fluid that is produced by the liver and participates in digestion processes.
Normally bile should not be in the intestines. Problems arise when the work of the gastrointestinal tract is disrupted. The sphincter does not contract, so the liquid produced by the liver can easily enter the duodenum. The presence of bile in the emetic mass of the child is an alarming symptom that requires a careful examination of a small patient.
Biting in the first months of life is normal. This is due to the immaturity of the infant’s gastrointestinal tract. Reduce the number of regurgitations will be possible if you keep the baby in a column after each feeding. This procedure allows you to release excess air that gets into the stomach if the bottle or breast is not correctly grasped.
- A small patient must comply with bed rest. Parents need to monitor the situation of the child - he must lie on his side. Such a measure will help to avoid vomiting in the respiratory tract.
- To prevent dehydration, the child should be given more clean water.
- Food and medicine should not be given to a child before an ambulance arrives.
After the cause of the pathological process has been established, the doctor may prescribe drugs from the following groups:
- Sorbents. These drugs help to remove harmful substances and toxins from the body. You can use the classic Activated Carbon. Good results are shown by means of Enterosgel, Atoxil, Smecta.
- Spazmolitki. Preparations from this group relieve the pain syndrome caused by a spasm of smooth muscles. Children can be prescribed No-shpa, Drotaverin.
- Antibiotics. Medications from this group are prescribed for intestinal infections. Good results are shown by antibacterial agents of a wide spectrum of action, such as Cefixime, Azithromycin.
- Rehydration preparations. Therapy with the use of these funds is carried out to restore the body's water balance. Good results show the means of Regidron.
- Antiemetic drugs. Children can be assigned funds Cerukal, Motilium.
Absence of full-fledged treatment can lead to the development of serious inflammatory processes, in particular, peritonitis. Dangerous for children is also dehydration. If you do not start adequate therapy in a timely manner, a lethal outcome is not ruled out.
Prevention of diseases accompanied by vomiting, is the full nutrition of children, the rejection of harmful products. Parents of infants are advised to visit the pediatrician on a regular basis to conduct examinations, to report changes in the behavior of crumbs.
Video: intestinal infections - Dr. Komarovsky's school
Vomiting with bile is a dangerous symptom requiring immediate medical intervention. Independently to begin therapy in no event it is impossible. Incorrect actions can lead to irreversible consequences.