Features of treatment of bronchitis in children of different ages
Bronchitis is a disease characterized by nonspecific inflammation of the lower respiratory tract with lesions of the bronchial mucosa. The disease manifests itself as a dry or wet cough, fever, chest pain and wheezing. To diagnose bronchitis in children, the method of auscultation (listening) is used. In the event that the data obtained during this study is not enough, it may be necessary to use lung radiography, a general blood test, bronchoscopy, bronchography, FHD, sputum analysis, based on the results of which treatment is prescribed.
Treatment of bronchitis in children requires an integrated approach. First of all, it is aimed at:
- release of the respiratory tract of the patient from sputum and edema;
- destruction of infections and viruses;
- elimination of unproductive dry cough.
The disease can be treated both at home and in a hospital hospital.
Light cases of childhood bronchitis are subject to outpatient treatment.
In most cases, the treatment of bronchitis is carried out at home
For the fastest possible recovery, the following recommendations should be observed:
- The room in which the child is located should be regularly ventilated.
- It is important to periodically moisten the air in the room.
- For the period of fever it is necessary that the baby observe bed rest.
- Dishes that a small patient uses should be easy, while the child should be fed only when he is hungry.
- In the absence of temperature, short walks can be made.
With the bacterial nature of infectious bronchitis, children of all ages are prescribed antibiotics.
In 99% of cases, the cause of bronchitis in children is a viral infection, and only 1% - bacteria.
Treatment of children is carried out by the following antibiotics:
In most cases, the duration of treatment with antibiotics is 5-10 days. Children are usually prescribed drugs in the form of a suspension or syrup.
Note! Antibiotic therapy can not be combined with the use of Euphyllin.
Dr. Komarovsky on antibiotics for bronchitis - video
When treating bronchitis in children, medication can be supplemented with folk methods.
- With bronchitis, warm milk with various additives helps, among which oil, honey, soda, goat fat. If the child refuses to use this mixture, then it can be replaced with a gruel made from whole oats cooked in milk.
- Dry cough can be alleviated with the help of a delicious medicine consisting of fresh cranberry juice and honey or propolis.
- An effective tool is fish oil, which must be taken for 1 tsp. once a day.