Treatment of allergies in infants and newborns
Symptoms of an allergic reaction occur in every fifth child. There are a large number of drugs to eliminate itching, rashes and other signs, but not all medicines are allowed in childhood. How can I help newborns and babies?
What contributes to the development of an allergic disease
Allergic diseases are a problem of the XXI century. Symptoms that accompany this condition require correct and timely treatment, as they are characterized by evolution, also called an allergic march.
An allergic march is a consistent development of pathology and the transition of one form of the disease to another, more severe: Atopic dermatitis – gt; Allergic rhinitis – gt; Bronchial asthma.
Factors contributing to the development of allergies:
- Mother’s inadequate nutrition during pregnancy.
- Insufficiency of IgA (class A immunoglobulins).
- Unfavorable course of the antenatal period (the period of intrauterine development of the child before delivery).
- Reduction of the terms of natural feeding.
- Increased permeability of the gastrointestinal mucosa.
- Cesarean section.
- Deceleration of colon colonization by normal flora.
The scheme of treatment of allergic diseases in newborns and infants
These drugs have a powerful anti-inflammatory effect. As a consequence, the number of mediators of allergy is reduced and the clinical manifestations of rhinitis are significantly reduced.
- Zinc preparations have disinfecting, drying and anti-inflammatory properties. Most often in the treatment of children of the first year of life use:
- Sorbents (Enterosgel, Smecta) bind and remove from the gastrointestinal tract toxins, gases and various substances, resulting in acne, rash, etc.,
- Medicines dexpanthenol (D-panthenol, Bepanten) have a restoring effect on the skin.
Correction of treatment methods depending on the type of allergy
These include diseases in the clinic that are dominated by symptoms of the defeat of the respiratory system (for example, bronchial asthma). The most common form of this group is allergic rhinitis. They are manifested:
- nasal congestion;
- abundantly detachable from the nasal passages.
Most often, allergic rhinitis is seasonal and coincides with the flowering period.
- Hypoallergenic life: the use of hypoallergenic covers for bed linen, sinteponovyh pillows, the rejection of soft toys and keeping animals in the house, daily wet cleaning of premises.