Sling-scarf: how to wear a child in it
Slings are very popular, which is why many children’s goods stores can find a huge variety of devices for wearing newborns and children after a year. The most difficult to operate, but also one of the most versatile is the sling-scarf. The art of winding and tying cloth can be learned at courses for moms or using video instructions. But how to choose the right length of the product? Can I sew it myself?
The very name of this model of the sling speaks for itself: it is a long section of scarf fabric. Its dimensions may differ significantly:
- length varies from 2.7 to 6 6 meters;
- the width on the average is 65-70 cm.
The scarf is not the only sling that is popular with young mothers. There are other types of childcare that deserve the loyalty of many parents:
- sling with rings. It is much easier to operate, it does not need to be wound up, but it’s enough to throw the canvas over your shoulder. However, this model is more suitable for newborns and children up to a year. After twelve months, when the child significantly gaining weight, wearing it in a carry on one shoulder becomes hard and uncomfortable, so in this regard, a scarf is preferable;
- Sling-pocket. Many prefer this model because of the ease of use, because it does not need to be adjusted in length or wound in several layers. However, the device has one feature: it should ideally suit both the woman and the baby. If there are changes in the parameters of the figure of the mother, the child will grow up, then you need to buy another size of the carrying or choose a different model. Scarf is regulated and adjusted to any parent, weight and height of crumbs;
- May Sling. It is quite popular, but unlike the scarf, it is recommended to use it when the baby reaches the age of four months, because wearing a crumb while carrying such a model can only be vertical.