Massage, respiratory gymnastics and physiotherapy exercises for bronchitis in a child
Inflammation of the bronchi is a serious and dangerous disease, diagnosed annually in 25 children out of 100. If untimely treatment is likely to develop complications in the form of pneumonia or bronchial asthma. However, competent therapy, taking into account the form and severity of the pathology, helps to completely eliminate bronchitis and prevent possible consequences. In childhood, treatment should be comprehensive and include, in addition to taking medication, massage, respiratory gymnastics and special physical exercises.
The most important limitation in the treatment of inflammation of the bronchial mucosa in childhood is the inadmissibility of self-medication. Selecting medicines and appointing any activities should be exclusively qualified specialists.
Bronchitis in children – a serious disease, the treatment of which determines the pediatrician
Treatment of bronchitis is carried out in the following areas:
- suppression of infection;
- lowering the secretion of mucus;
- withdrawal of sputum from the bronchi;
- elimination of concomitant symptoms (fever, runny nose, diarrhea, etc.);
- general strengthening of the body.
The scheme of therapy takes into account the type of disease:
The rules of the procedure depend on the age of the baby. For children older than a year, they look like this:
- We put the baby's belly on the pillow so that the whole body lies on the platen, and the head and legs hang freely.
- Legs raise slightly, making sure that the child's head was below the level of the trunk. In this case, the mucus will not accumulate in the bronchi, but will start to come out.
- Gently tap the underside of the palm with only the upper back and sides. In no case should you touch the spine or tap the baby on the chest.
When carrying out a vibrating massage, a child younger than a year should be extremely cautious. To ensure that the procedure has only benefited the infant, it is important to follow the recommendations of doctors:
- We put the baby to his lap (the same position as the older children on the pillow).
- Knock the middle and index fingers of the right hand in the palm of the left hand, located above the area of the bronchi.
The massage session lasts from 3 to 7 minutes (duration depends on the child's age and the severity of the illness). In breaks, give the baby a vertical position to improve the cough.
Drainage massage is indicated with simple and obstructive forms of acute bronchitis. For effective sputum discharge, the baby is placed on the cushion or a narrow cushion with the abdomen, so that the head is below the trunk. There is a procedure of four consecutive stages.