Kefir for babies and children under the age of one year
As soon as the child turns six months old, pediatricians recommend the introduction of complementary foods. Every two weeks in the baby’s menu, if he does not have allergies and other negative reactions, a new product appears. After a while, the child is given a kefir. And here the parents have a lot of questions, starting with how many months you can enter kefir in the infants menu, and ending with what firm to buy or prepare the drink yourself. Some parents are skeptical about kefir, explaining this by saying that the baby is too small for this product and it is better to try milk. Pediatricians refute this theory: children under one year can not be given milk, but kefir will not only be tasty, but also a useful addition to other dishes.
When to start: for how many months can you enter kefir in the diet of a baby
Kefir is a fermented milk product that is produced when milk is squeezed. Milk for the production of kefir is used whole or skim. Useful properties of this drink are provided thanks to the constituent sour-milk bacteria and fungi. Why kefir can be introduced into the lure of a baby, in contrast to milk? The thing is that this drink is very easily absorbed in the body. And if you add juice or fresh berries to it, you will get a wonderful and tasty yogurt.
Sour-milk products in the menu of the child: opinion of Dr. Komarovsky
- Take low-fat or pasteurized milk 1 liter.
- Leaven: one sachet of purchased or 4 tablespoons of sour cream or kefir good quality.
- Bring the milk to a boil and allow to cool at room temperature. Pay attention, do not try to speed up the process of cooling the milk, taking it out into the cold air or sending it to the refrigerator. One of the conditions for the successful preparation of yogurt - milk should be cooled gradually at room temperature.
- As soon as the milk becomes warm, about 25 degrees, you can add a ferment to it. If you use dry bacteria, pour 100 ml of milk into a separate container and add the ferment to it. Stir well until smooth, so that the leaven is not a lump. Then pour this mixture into a container of milk, stir. Kefir or sour cream can be added directly to the container with milk and also mix well.
- Leave the yogurt in yogurt or in bottles, but always in a warm place. The process of preparation in yogurt is easier and kefir always turns out: it is enough to develop milk on special jars, put them in a yogurt and turn on the device, setting the time to 12 hours. After that, let the kefir cool down and the drink is ready. If you do not have such a device, pour the milk into bottles or jars and put it in a warm place without drafts and cold air for 12 hours. Then, reposition the product for another 4 hours in the refrigerator. After that kefir is ready for use.
- Another option is to prepare kefir in a multivarquet: the principle of action is the same, only after adding the ferment to the milk, it needs to be poured into the bowl of the multivarquet, but not to display the program, but to activate the heating mode, i.e. When the milk temperature does not increase, but is maintained at the same level. Only the cooking time is significantly reduced: it is enough that milk stood only 8 hours. In some models of the multivark there is a yogurt program, it is great for making yogurt.