Nootropic Glycine: a description of the drug and instructions for use for children
Glycine, or otherwise, aminoacetic acid, is the simplest chemical structure and composition of an amino acid. It refers to the pharmacological group of nootropics, that is, substances that stimulate the higher activity of the central nervous system. This drug has a beneficial effect on the metabolism of the brain.
Aminoacetic acid of natural origin is a part of most foods with high protein content. Breast milk also contains glycine in its pristine form.
In pharmacology, actively use this drug a little more than a decade ago.
And the discovery of this substance, we are obliged to chemist-pharmacist from France Henri Bracconnot. A detailed instruction on the use of Glycine for children, as well as at what age it is possible to give this drug, how to correctly take it to children up to a year and older, will be discussed in this article.
One tablet contains:
The latter two substances are included in the formulation as auxiliary substances.
Preparation for sublingual use. In the pharmacological industry is available in the form of white tablets, which have the form of flat cylinders.
Can I give glycine to children for up to a year? Yes, but the rules of reception are slightly different. If aminoacetic acid is administered to infants or children under three years of age, then the tablet can be chopped and poured under the tongue or on the mucosa of the mouth between the lower lip and the gum.
Sometimes when breastfeeding children pediatrician recommends taking Glicin to mother. This is also a very good way to treat a baby. But it should be remembered that with the feeding of the baby the dosage of Glycine should be determined only by the attending physician!
ATTENTION! When taking a crushed tablet, please, please, that the powder does not get on the lips. In this case, a slight irritation is possible, accompanied by tingling.
You can take the medicine before and after meals.
Weaken the pharmacological effects of the following drugs:
Pharmacologists believe that an overdose of glycine is impossible, since it decomposes in the body to water and carbon dioxide.
But practice shows that if the recommended dose of Glycine is exceeded, such side effects as allergic reactions and dizziness are possible.