How to treat cough in ARVI in children from the group who are often ill?
Diseases of the respiratory system in children undoubtedly occupy a leading place. It is proved that every small patient is ill 3-4 times a year. Often children of early, preschool and primary school age are ill with ORVI. Children under 3 years are 2-3 times more likely to suffer ARVI than children 10 years old. At the same time, these diseases can lead to serious violations of the functioning of the body and the formation of chronic diseases.
This group includes children who are often ill with acute respiratory infections during the year. The criteria for assigning a child to this group is the frequency of episodes per year. For example, a child under the age of 3 years use an infectious index. It is the ratio of the total number of cases of ARVI per year to the age of the child. In rare cases, it is 0.2-0.3, and in the often ill from 1.2 to 3.5.
In addition, it is necessary to take into account the severity of each episode of acute respiratory viral infection, the use of antibacterial drugs in the acute phase of the disease.
There is a certain set of factors:
- Anatomico-physiological features of the child’s respiratory tract;
- Disturbances in the maturation of the immune system;
- Socio-economic living conditions;
- Low level of social culture in the family;
- Bad habits of parents;
- Frequent stressful situations in the family;
- Living in ecologically unfavorable areas;
- Complicated flow of the perinatal period. It should be noted that 10% of premature infants and 40% of children, whose body weight at birth was less than 3000 g, were detected from frequently ill children;
- Unreasonable prescription for viral infections of antibacterial drugs.
When ARVI always develops a malfunction in the production of mucus and a change in its rheological properties, so to improve mucus using mukoreguljatory, which basically restore the rheology of mucus.
To properly treat a cough, you need to know that it has a strict periodicity and consistency:
- dry, obtrusive, with scanty sputum discharge;
- residual unproductive or unproductive.
These characteristics are the basis for choosing a cough medicine. In conditions of ambulatory medical care, it is almost impossible to change the treatment often, so it is necessary to choose a drug that will affect all pathogenetic mechanisms. Such drugs exist. They consist of a combination of different drugs.
An example of such funds may be Ascoril, which contains 4 components:
- Bromhexine. Has an active metabolite called ambroxol, which dilutes sputum, promotes its release, has an immunomodulatory effect, increases the synthesis of surfactant, which is necessary for the normal functioning of the lungs;
- Salbutamol is a selective beta-adrenomimetic that acts on the bronchial tree, expanding the bronchi and facilitating breathing;
- Guaifenesin - stimulates the secretion of mucus;
- Racetenol is an antispasmodic, irritating, light antiseptic.