How to choose the best baby cot
Newborns and children of the first year of life spend most of their time in a dream. Therefore, the correctly chosen cot is the guarantee of a quiet rest of the baby. If everything is a bit simpler with a stroller: it is absolutely necessary, so many questions arise about the child’s sleeping place for the child. After all, today in the stores of children’s products a huge selection of various models of cribs for children is presented: cradles, transformers, with a pendulum mechanism, with removable sides and even with silicone pads. What to look for when choosing to properly organize a comfortable bed for crumbs?
Despite the variety of models of baby cots, parents in the first place should take care of the safety of their baby. Therefore, the main characteristics of a bed for a newborn should be as follows:
- On the crib there should be no sharp corners, roughness, protuberances, which the baby can be injured or scratched. If the model is equipped with latches, latches, parents should check that they are securely closed and the baby can not pinch his finger;
- the side and bottom of the product should not be a solid surface. In this case, there will not be enough air ventilation to the mattress and baby. The bottom and sides must be pinched by the rack;
- Wooden cribs are covered with a varnish or a special substance, so that they do not crumble. Parents should clarify what composition covered the details of the product, because the baby can gnaw the side. Iron beds are covered with paint: in its composition there should be no toxic substances. Harmful components can adversely affect the health of the child, so adults must take this moment into account while choosing the model;
- pay attention to the distance between the rods: it should not be less than 5 cm so that the hand or foot of the baby is not squeezed, but not more than 8 cm so that the child’s head does not get stuck between the rods;
- the ability to adjust the bottom of the crib: while the crumb does not know how to get up, the bottom can be set higher. But when the kid learns to rise to his feet, the bottom should be moved down so that the child can not fall out of the crib;
- not necessarily, but very comfortable when the crib is lowered or removed. In this case, you can push the bed of the baby close to the parent’s bed. This is convenient if the baby often wakes up at night and the presence of the mother soothingly acts on the newborn.