Diagnosis and treatment of hypotension in children
Hypotension, as a rule, is found during the first few months of a child’s life. Since it is associated with many different diseases, the doctor, accordingly, leads the history of the underlying illness of the child. In this case, a regular medical examination of the baby in the first weeks and months of his life. It includes an assessment of the state of the infant’s muscular and nervous system. The medical worker can use hammers, light to determine reflexes as auxiliary means. All these methods do not cause harm to the child and do not bring unpleasant sensations.
At the slightest suspicion of hypotension, the diagnosis is confirmed with the help of numerous special tests. The underlying disease that led to this condition is identified and appropriate treatment is prescribed. In this case, the use of laboratory tests depends on the hypotonia hypothesis.
Typical medical issues of an anamnesis include:
- When was hypotension first noticed?
- Was the hypotonia of the muscles diagnosed during childbirth?
- What was the onset of the disease: sudden or gradual?
- Is hypotension always the same, or is there a worsening of the baby’s condition at a certain time under different conditions?
- Does the child have lethargy all over the body or only in certain areas?
- What other symptoms of other diseases?
If there are suspicions of negative symptoms, laboratory diagnostics of hypotension helps the doctor to determine not only the cause of the disease, but also the degree of damage to the muscular apparatus and nervous system. To confirm and clarify the diagnosis of muscle hypotension in children, the following diagnostic tests can be used: