Physiotherapy (LFK) for violations of posture in children
The tension in the body and spine caused by incorrect static and dynamic posture in children is dangerous due to the acquisition of a number of bad habits that will later influence the growth of the child and his future postural reflexes – ensuring the correct position of the body in space. That is why it is so important to take care of the healthy posture of the child in a timely manner. First of all, it is necessary to instil in the child love and habit for an active way of life, and, if necessary, to pay attention to the activities of physiotherapy (LFK).
The essence of exercises for the formation of correct posture in children
Posture is the ability of the body to control its position in space, overcoming the action of external forces (gravity, reaction of support, resistance and inertia). This applies to both static (sitting in one position) and dynamic (supporting balance) posture.
Frequent defects of posture: lumbar lordosis, thoracic kyphosis and stoop. These postural defects can be combined with scoliosis
Perhaps you’ve heard about proprioception? It is a sensation of the muscles of your body and the position of its individual parts in the space of a healthy person. Proprioception works through receptors located in the skin, muscles and joints to create an internal image of your body.
Absolute contraindications for therapeutic exercises do not exist, since the doctor always chooses a complex of individual complexity and aimed at improving the child's posture. But with certain concomitant conditions and illnesses, one should refrain from exercising until the health stabilizes. Relative contraindications include:
- acute inflammatory diseases;
- virus or infection with fever;
- pain in the joints or muscles;
- the presence of rapidly progressive curvatures of the spine (scoliosis).
When acute inflammation or pain has passed - you can start the exercises, carefully starting with the most simple and easy exercises.
After the physiotherapist has determined the type of deformation of the posture, contraindications are excluded, and the attendant factors are taken into account - the patient is assigned a certain complex of exercise therapy, aimed at correction and elimination of defects. Before you start the complex, you need to make sure that the child is provided with sufficient comfort, nothing disturbs him or threatens his well-being. Here are some training rules:
- before classes it is necessary to eat nutritionally in about 1,5-2 hours. Food intake should contain a sufficient number of complex carbohydrates (porridges, salads, legumes, cereals, nuts, seeds). With a must have a bottle of clean drinking water, which should be drunk in small sips as needed;
Eat before the gym is necessary nutritionally, about 1.5-2 hours
- The room for classes should be spacious, well ventilated (ventilated), comfortable temperature (17-20 degrees);
- clothes and footwear for classes - from comfortable elastic and breathable fabric, tailoring - not shackling the movement, not pinching individual places on the body.
The sports form should provide freedom of movement