What can be used for diarrhea in a child: medicines and folk remedies
Diarrhea in a child is a serious symptom that can not be ignored. There are many tools that help with stomach disorders in children of different ages. Choosing them, it is necessary to take into account the cause of the indisposition, as well as not to forget about possible contraindications and side effects.
Diarrhea is a protective reaction that aims to purify the body. It can be a one-time, when you do not need to resort to medication, you can cope with diet and drinking. And there are times when medication is urgently needed.
Diarrhea in a child is not only a discomfort, but also a serious cause of dehydration
To consult a doctor and take medication is necessary if:
- urge to the toilet become frequent. Maximum number of stools:
- for newborns – 10 times a day;
- from 1-4 months – 7 times;
- from 5-12 months – 6 times;
- from 1-3 years -5 times;
- from 4 years – 4 times;
- feces have a fetid odor;
- diarrhea accompanied by vomiting and nausea;
- there is pain in the abdomen;
- the body temperature rises;
- the feces change color to greenish, white, crimson;
- feces are foamy or have veins of mucus and blood;
- there are suspicions of poisoning.