To beat or not to beat the child – consequences of physical punishment of children
Why do many parents actively use physical influence on their own children? The reasons behind this phenomenon are quite deep. But physical punishment, as extremely detrimental, can be replaced by much more effective and humane alternatives.
Some argue that It is necessary to flog the child until he grows up;. And this is a tribute to traditions. After all, in Rus, birch rods were an indispensable element of education. But today everything has changed, and physical punishment is equated with medieval executions. True for many, this issue is important and remains open.
The key reasons for using physical punishment in the educational process
A huge number of parents use force in the education of children and do not think about what kind of consequences this may provoke. It is customary for them to fulfill their parental duty, generously endowing children with slippers. Moreover, in order to maintain discipline, an object of intimidation is often displayed prominently in a prominent place – a belt, etc.
What are the reasons for such violent medieval cruelty among modern moms and dads? There are several reasons:
- Hereditary causes. Most often parents take out their own childish offenses already on their child. And such a father or mother usually does not realize that there is education without violence. Their confidence in the fact that the cuff fixes the said educational words of the child, is unshakable;
- Lack of desire, as well as time for raising a baby, holding lengthy conversations, explaining it is wrong. It is much quicker and easier to hit a child than to sit down with him and talk about his misconduct, help him understand his own wrong;
- Absence of even elementary knowledge about the process of raising children. Parents take up the strap only from despair and from ignorance, how to cope with a small monster;
- Offset of resentment and anger for their own failures., Previous and current. Often parents scapegoat their own child only because there is no one else to break. The salary is scanty, the boss is cruel, the wife does not obey, and there’s still a nasty child spinning underfoot. And the parent gives the pope for it. And the louder the child cries and the more he fears his father, the stronger he will come off on the child for his own problems and failures. After all, it is necessary for a person to feel his own power and power before someone. And the worst thing is when there is no one to intercede for the child;
- Mental disorders. There are also such parents who simply need to scream, chop off a child, arrange disassembly for no apparent reason. Then the parent reaches the required condition, presses the baby to himself and cries with him. Such mothers and fathers need help from a doctor.