When children start to sleep all night
With the birth of a child, many mothers forget about quiet nights, since sleep in newborns is disturbing and sensitive. Some babies wake up just a couple of times a night for feeding, others shudder from any rustle and squeak. There is also a third group of babies, which gets enough sleep during the day, and at night they are active. Many parents are interested in when a child starts to sleep all night without waking up. This problem is solved in all individually, because the reasons that interfere with the sound sleep of newborns, all are different.
Features of children’s sleep, depending on their age
The schedule for the baby is very different from that of an adult. Newborns sleep about 80% of the daily time, and at any time of the day. (How long does the newborn have to sleep a day?)
The period of strong sleep in a child lasts about an hour. After it comes a different phase, during which the baby can wake up feeling hungry, or simply bored.
English scientists conducted an experiment: one group of infants slept in silence, for another – included audio recordings with heartbeats. The second group of toddlers slept more tightly, because for nine months they felt this rhythm in their stomachs.
For the most part, sleep is superficial in infants, so it can awaken a sharp sound and loud conversations. However, do not go on tiptoe and keep the death silence while the baby sleeps. You should gradually adapt the child to sleep with a light noise, extraneous sounds: you can turn on low volume classical music. On the Internet you can download suitable audio recordings (choose with good sound quality), and include them when you lay your child. Closer to half a year the child starts to sleep more strongly, not being distracted by sounds.
A healthy sleep is necessary for a child at any age, since it is in childhood that the nervous system is formed. On how and how much the baby sleeps, its mood, well-being and development depends. A sleepy child more readily learns the world around him, eats better and performs the necessary exercises.
Based on how the child sleeps at night, they can be divided into groups:
- The kid practically does not sleep at night. People say about such newborns that they confused the day with the night. With age, other problems may appear that interfere with a prolonged and strong childhood sleep. In the first three months the child may be disturbed by colic, then – teething.
- Children’s sleep at night is interrupted several times. Often in newborns, there is hypertension of the handles and legs, so they are not responsible for their body movements. At night, unfaithful swings can wake a child, and he may get scared.
- The child wakes up a couple of times to eat. Frequent feeding of newborns is associated with the rapid assimilation of milk. Baby can not sleep with a rumbling tummy.
- The baby sleeps all night without waking up. Such a newborn is extremely rare, is a contentious issue. Some pediatricians recommend obligatory night feeding.
- Ребенок-сова бодрствует ночью, спит днем
Во многом в таком поведении малыша виноваты молодые родители. С такими детьми днем надо чаще разговаривать и играть, но не следует перевозбуждать состояние ребенка. В светлое время суток не закрывайте шторы, жалюзи: пусть в комнату проникает солнечный свет.
Вечером, перед сном, принимайте ванны с возможным добавлением ромашки, череды. При употреблении трав обязательно следите за состоянием кожи ребенка, у некоторых людей они вызывают аллергию, и вместо крепкого сна ваш ребенок может испытывать дискомфорт и зуд. Температура воды должна быть 37-38 градусов, малыш начнет замерзать и, как следствие, согревать себя различными телодвижениями, что приведет к возбужденному состоянию.
Также старайтесь не давать новых игрушек ребенку перед сном, пусть его окружает уже изученная обстановка. Так ему будет легче уснуть, не возбуждая свое сознание. Перед сном вы также можете либо петь какую-то определенную колыбельную, либо включать специально заготовленную музыку. Такой ритуал поможет ребенку осознать, что его укладывают в сон.
Kids can not tolerate hunger unlike adults. It is necessary to remember, the child starts to sleep all night without food, when they become mentally and physically capable of it. If you decide to give up night feeding, you need to do this gradually. There are a number of tips that will help in this process.
- Most of the daily intake of food should be given to the child during the day.
- Observance of a clear daily routine.
- Before going to bed, you should well feed the baby so that he sleeps longer.
- Replacing the milk / mixture with water or baby tea at night. Reduction in the volume of the night portion.
- The child must fall asleep himself. Thus, after shaking it a little on the hands, in the cradle or in the crib, you need to leave the baby in a half-asleep state.
- The kid does not sleep at night after reaching the age of one
When a child becomes older, there is a possibility of an oral contract with him. At this age for the baby is important the inner atmosphere in the family, the necessary caress and care. The calmer the relationship between parents, the stronger the nervous system and sleep in the child.
Pay attention to your child: his desires and problems. This will help the child to sleep peacefully and firmly at night, and in the daytime to develop and learn. When children start to sleep all night, Mom and Dad have more free time, and for further replenishment of the family, including.