How many months do children begin to walk?
Already behind the first smile to my mother, the first sounds, the first skills of coups, we are already sitting on the ass, we already have the first tooth; it was the turn to wait for the first independent, albeit uncertain step. Many mothers are looking forward to this step! Remember (!); clear time indicators when your child (in how many months) will start walking alone without support. As in everything that concerns the life of children up to a year, the time of independent movement is exceptionally individual
The age at which the child should begin to walk himself, on average about a year. However, this does not mean that all children are starting to make their first steps in exactly 12 months. The norm is considered to be a period of 9 months and up to about 1.5 years. At first, the baby tries to get up, then makes tentative steps, holding on to the furniture or the hand of an adult. And only after he makes independent attempts to walk.
How many months children begin to walk depends on many factors:
- The genetic factor strongly affects the time when the baby goes. If one of the parents has gone very late, then it is not necessary for the baby to wait for the early steps;
- The constitution and gender of the child also affect the time when the baby takes the first steps. Plump babes will go a little later than slender peers, and girls start walking before boys;
- The temperament of the baby affects the time when the baby will go. Calm, balanced observers do not hurry to walk. They are comfortable to learn the world slowly and they feel great and sitting or crawling. Independent fidgets, on the contrary, tend to learn more new and take their first steps very early.
Do not use a walker and a jumper. They not only do not stimulate independent movement, but on the contrary facilitate delays in walking. Read: FOR AND AGAINST Walkers and read: FOR AND AGAINST JUMPERS
From the point of view of orthopedics, the baby's shoes must meet the following requirements:
- Shoes should be chosen from genuine leather and suede, so that the baby's leg would breathe;
- the sole of the first shoe is thin and flexible, otherwise the baby will stumble;
- the back of the shoes for the child should be chosen hard, so that the shoes or sandals do not fall off when walking from the foot;
- A small and steady heel will save the child from backfilling;
- the upper and lateral parts of the shoe must be soft and easy to form folds;
- for the formation of the arch of the foot in the shoes it is necessary to choose a flexible arch support.
We watch a video about which shoes are best to choose:
It happens that instead of the usual walk the child begins to walk on socks. If the kid just wants to attract the attention of relatives or try out a new way of traveling, then everything is normal.
To sound an alarm it is possible, if the kid has not started to walk after one and a half years. And then, only in the case of low child activity and unsatisfactory general condition of the baby. When a child is cheerful, active, creeps creeps in a good mood, but does not walk; do not worry, he will go, everything has its time.
How to teach a child to walk? TRAINING a child to walk alone
Video consultation: at what age do children begin to walk and how can they be taught this correctly?