Menu for the nursing mother in the first month
The process of breastfeeding an infant is a whole science. A woman needs to take into account not only the frequency and number of feedings during lactation, but also to adhere to the correct diet. In the hospital, specialists follow this, after discharge young mummies are often at a loss: what they can eat, what foods are prohibited. Contrary to popular belief, even during lactation, a woman can eat varied and tasty.
Let’s find out together what you can eat when breastfeeding in the first month.
In 1 month after the birth of crumbs, a woman needs to restore strength, establish the proper functioning of the digestive system and organize lactation, for this, it needs to be balanced and varied. The statement that during this period it is necessary to eat for two is not right, the organism spends about 600-800 calories on milk production, this is the amount that should be increased in the energy value of the daily diet.
With HS in the first month, nutritionists recommend that women adhere to the following principles:
- fractionality – doctors advise breastfeeding mothers to reduce the amount of servings, increasing the frequency of eating up to 5-6 times a day, the optimal diet should consist of three main meals and 2-3 snacks;
- diet – eat by the hour, your regime should match the frequency of breastfeeding, lunch, breakfast, dinner is better in a relaxed environment, when the baby is asleep, and just before the meal, have a snack;
- Do not eat too much, but do not go hungry – stick to a balanced menu that contains all the necessary ingredients (vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, proteins, fats);
- suitable caloric content – lactating women are strictly forbidden to sit on diets, during this period the total value of products should be 2500-3000 kcal per day, the main load falls on slow carbohydrates;
- intensified drinking regimen – drink plenty of liquid to ensure good lactation – about 2-3 liters, half of the volume should be in non-carbonated pure water;
- gradualness – enter a new product in the menu very carefully, first eat a small portion in the morning, after feeding the newborn closely watch the reaction of his body for the next two days, in the absence of negative consequences, you can continue to use this food in small portions, if you find allergy signs, give up this meal, repeat the next attempt 3-5 weeks later;
- between the introduction of new products take breaks 2-5 days;
- the correct preparation of foods – vegetables and fruits eat only heat-treated (baked, steamed, stewed), fried and canned food is prohibited, it is undesirable to buy ready-made food in stores.