How to choose the right shoes for a child from 1 to 2 years?
The anatomical and physiological features of the child’s foot ensure that there are no painful sensations if the shoes are tight and small. A large supply of fatty tissue dulls all unpleasant sensations. But for a growing baby’s leg, it’s important to choose the right shoes.
Improperly selected shoes can cause not only an aesthetic defect and unpleasant sensations, but also future problems up to flat foot and posture disorders.
When choosing shoes, parents should pay attention to the basic selection criteria: size, material, sole, heel, instep, and much more.
Most pediatricians and orthopedists hold the same opinion – the baby does not need shoes until the baby has made the first sure steps! Having decided upon the moment of purchasing shoes, before buying, it is necessary to decide what exactly the first children’s footwear should be.
For babies it is necessary to buy several variants of shoes. For walks in the street, kids who have already learned to walk – one pair of shoes is enough, for example sandals, boots, sneakers.
Later, when the baby is already confidently walking, the baby needs more pairs of shoes – in the weather, and selected according to all the rules.
In the future, parents prefer sandals, which have a lot of vent holes. In addition, such models fix the leg well with straps or large buckles, such shoes have a right back and a fairly good thick sole.
Sneakers and sneakers - perfectly protect the foot from injury during active games or even just walking. But at the same time, the sneakers should ensure the movement of the legs of the baby.
Summer shoes are best to choose from leather, leatherette, synthetics or textiles. From a hygienic point of view, genuine leather is valued more. An alternative to the skin can be high-tech materials, but still inside, shoes should be made from natural materials or have a textile lining.
When choosing shoes, there are specific tips:
- Between the fingers and the nose of the boot should be a distance of at least a centimeter. In order not to be mistaken - the mother should insert a finger between the back and the leg of the baby, while the toes of the baby should rest against the nose.
- Shoes must match the fullness of the foot of the baby. Narrow shoes will violate the right circulation and cause deformity of the foot. If the shoes are large, the child has to spend more energy on maintaining the balance and carrying the shoes, therefore, quickly becomes tired. The main rule of choice will be ease of use - to dress and shoot.
- In summer shoes, the insole should be removable, soak up moisture and be able to wash.
- Do I need a heel? The opinion of specialists is at variance. Presence of a heel - does not allow to fall down the kid back, and will help to be formed correctly stop. But the heel should be no more than 7 mm. Other experts say that the heel should be abandoned altogether.
- It is necessary to take into account the growth rate of the pedicel. In toddlers 2 - 3 years, for a year, the foot can grow by 2 - 3 sizes; in the period from 3 to 6 years for 2 sizes, and for schoolchildren by 1 - 2 sizes.