Diet of a 7-month-old baby: we make a menu of new products for babies on breastfeeding and artificial feeding
Despite the fact that the main food of a seven-month-old baby is still breast milk or a mixture, its digestive tract is able to digest and digest a considerable amount of adult food. The diet of crumbs is changing every day, because to fill the energy requires more calories. Let’s consider, what should be the approximate menu of the child on thoracal and artificial feeding, what rules should be observed in order not to cause harm to his health.
Pediatricians recommend starting to expand the diet of infants from the age of 6 months. The stomach and intestines of infants fed on artificial feeding (IV) are ready to assimilate new food from about 5-5.5 months, as their enzymatic system, under the influence of adapted milk mixtures, is already working at full strength. Therefore, the lure for artificial animals is often introduced a few weeks earlier.
Often acquaintance with new food is postponed due to illness, allergy, poor health or vaccinations. But most of the time the vast majority of kids have time to try vegetable purees or cereals until seven months. Physiological readiness for further expansion of the diet can be determined by the following criteria:
- the maturity of the digestive system (absence of colic and diseases preventing normal absorption of adult food);
- the ability to sit well, holding the head and body vertically;
- confident coordination of movements;
- the appearance of the first teeth, the ability to carefully mash with gums and swallow semi-liquid food;
- conformity of weight and other indicators of physical development to the basic pediatric norms;
- lack of familiar nutrition;
- manifestation of food interest in new dishes, imitation of an adult.