Why does the child walk on tiptoe; what to do?
The fun kid who started walking reminds a tiny ballet dancer; walks on tiptoe. It can cause tenderness, however, such a gait should alert. The fault of walking on the front of the foot can be hypertonic muscle. This happens if during a pregnancy or during childbirth the baby experiences oxygen starvation.
Uneven muscle tension; the most common reason for walking on tiptoe. It’s the easiest thing to cope with. American pediatricians believe; if the child wears socks up to three years; There are no grounds for concern. After all, the kid is just learning, because he tries to walk in various ways, he is experimenting.
When asked why the child walks this way, and not otherwise, there are several answers:
- Uneven muscle tension or muscle dystonia. It happens, it goes by itself, (it is possible to do without medical intervention) as the child moves more and more. This is facilitated by climbing, crawling, walking on all fours, getting up.
- There is an opinion, that walking on socks is caused by curiosity and a thirst for knowing the baby. If the child stands on tiptoe, he just wants to be taller, grow up to see everything, learn about everything. In this case, the child can independently and at any time stand on the whole foot.
- Children often stand on their toes when they choose the most convenient and suitable way of walking.
- Excessive activity of the child. In an effort to throw out excess energy, children stand on their toes and start running. For such active children it is recommended simply to increase physical activity, send to sports.
- Sometimes walking on tiptoes may indicate the onset of the development of infantile cerebral palsy. Disease, in addition to a strange mode of movement, is accompanied by a host of other symptoms. Any therapist is able to diagnose ailment.
- Consequences of birth trauma. In this case, you can not do without medical intervention and special procedures.
Independently to solve a problem it is not necessary; in any case, it is worthwhile to show the child to a specialist (pediatrician and neuropathologist), who will be able to pinpoint the causes.
Only a doctor can evaluate the development of motor functions for a variety of symptoms. If necessary, the child will be provided with timely assistance, and the mother will be provided with professional advice. In the fight against the disease will have to have patience. It's worth it, because the consequences of the uncorrected in time gait:
- Incorrect posture.
- Delay in physical development.
During walking on the socks, the foot is deprived of support on the heel, which from now on does not carry any functions. The heel does not develop and does not grow. The front part of the foot grows, increases disproportionately, tramples. Due to abnormal gait, the calf muscle and Achilles tendon can not normally contract.
The reasons for walking on the front of the foot are different. Complex treatment is not always required. Treatment measures include many procedures: