What you need to know about the baptism of a child
The baptism of a child is a solemn event after birth in the baby’s family. It connects man to communion with God, to union with the Lord. Not everyone has an idea of this sacrament. Therefore, we will try to talk about it in more detail.
A question that excites any parents; how early can you baptize a child? ; This can be done from the very first days of the baby’s birth, especially if there is a threat to his life.
If the baby is fine, usually wait for forty days. Why? This time is given to the mother of the newborn for purification. For 40 days the church considers it unclean. After the expiry of the term, the mother may be present during the ritual of joining the church. And the baby will grow stronger for the fulfillment of the sacrament of Baptism.
How old can you be baptized? You can join the Lord at any age. It is believed that at Baptism a person receives his Guardian Angel, who does not leave him even after his death.
Video: What You Need to Know Before Baptizing a Child
Why is it better to baptize in infancy
Many prefer to baptize later, in a year or two. But we must remember that the older the child, the more difficult it is for him to survive the rite, because it lasts about an hour. The baby is quietly asleep in the arms of the godfather, grown up, tired, begins to be capricious. It is also harder to dip into a font.
Are there days when baptism is forbidden? There are no restrictions, but in different temples; your services schedule. Therefore, it is desirable to specify the date of Baptism in your temple.
For the baptized one, you must choose godparents.
- Church rules say that a child needs a successor to one sex with him.
- The godmother is obligatory for the girl, the boy needs a godfather.
- If the baby has both receivers, as is customary in the people, this is also allowed.
- The choice of the godparents must be approached seriously, they are entrusted with the spiritual education of the godson in the Orthodox faith.
- The person who has become a child for the child must be a person of the Orthodox faith, a relative, a close acquaintance or a friend of the family.
- Can not baptize the same child husband and wife or a couple who is going to marry, people with a sick psyche, sectarians, people, sinful in terms of the church (alcoholics, drug addicts, etc.)
For baptism you need to buy:
- Baptismal shirt (it is bought by the godmother).
- A cross with a chain (the godfather is buying).
- It is also necessary to have a baptismal towel and a diaper.
I baptized my sons immediately after 40 days from birth. They fell on the feast of Peter and Paul. They were baptized under these names. I was photographed as much as I wanted. Very beautiful ceremony. I was also present. God gave the godfather - a rat, a godfather bought a cross and paid a donation. Everything is super.
She was very worried about how she would be baptized, when she was baptizing her daughter, she was 4 months old and she did not like swimming very much, she was afraid she would scream, but at the church where she was baptized, she could wash her face and legs at will, and therefore did not have hysteria)
And we baptized our daughter in 10 months; like no longer breastfeeding, but in fact, and a chip, that she understood everything and at the bath she cried out. There was a problem with the choice of the name, which you need to christen the child: the name of the daughter is rare, so I had to look. The website of Baptism.ru helped; there is a lot of interesting and necessary information, I was there and everything needed for the sacrament was looked after
The godmother on the photo stands with a bare back, shoulders and knees. In the church, even in the church, even a godparent was told to baptize the baptismal decoration closed almost to the feet, but she was only 3 years old.
Mariya, that's it, we, too, are our special christening shirt in the Orthodox community of St. Yermogena was taken on this occasion. People have nothing sacred. There are certain church canons, one must adhere to them!
Svetka-Sweetie, thank you! And tell me, where are the wholesale prices indicated? There it is written and wholesale, and retail, and what prices, it is not clear ((