Do we need to swaddle a newborn baby – we are studying the pros and cons
Before our moms and grandmothers the question of whether it is imperative to swaddle babies at an early age was not for two reasons. First, swaddling came to us from distant ancestors, and no one was looking for an alternative, and secondly, the newborn crumb simply had nothing to wear. Even a large child grew into sliders at best to months to four.
Why do young mothers continue to swaddle the newborns?
If earlier there were disputes about what kind of swaddling to use – tight or free, then today the question is different. Both among mothers and among medical workers there are supporters and opponents of swaddling. And each of them gives arguments, confirming the rightness of this or that opinion.
- Swaddling facilitates period of adaptation of the child to a new habitat after birth.
- Wrapped in diapers the child experiences psychological and physical comfort.
- Tight swaddling promotes a deeper and more sound sleep.
- While the babythe coordination system is not fully developed, swaddling with pens protects it from accidental damage and fright from own sharp movements.
- Toughswaddling of feetthe child ensures their harmony in the future (which is especially important for girls).
- Baby, especially very small crumbs, it is more convenient to keep on hands and feed when it is safely wrapped in a diaper.