Important rules for the safety of the child on the playground; teach the child to play correctly in the playground
One of the first tasks of mom or dad during the games on the playground is to ensure the safety of your baby. Despite the thoughtfulness of modern attractions, even the simplest of them can be a threat to the health of crumbs. And more often not because of the danger or malfunction of the structures, but due to an oversight of the parents. What exactly is on the playground a danger to the child’s health? How can this be avoided? What principles need to be guided by controlling the child for a walk?
Children’s playground: risk factors and correct behavior
It is very important not just to monitor the playing kid, but also to regularly teach him the rules of safety. The younger the child, the more difficult it is for him to keep in mind something else, besides the emotions caused by the game. Usually Children under 5 – 6,5 years old are not able to control the situation, they go headlong into the process and lose the instinct of self-preservation. If parents do not insure themselves at the right time, misfortunes can not be avoided.
It can be conditionally safe only if there is a protective mesh. In any case, the probability of injury from accidental impact of children jumping around is great. It is important not to allow children under 2 – 3 years old or children suffering from heart disease, blood vessels or nervous system to trampoline. Explain to the crumb that in no case it is possible to land on the trampoline upside down, push other children, climb onto the sides of the trampoline. In the absence of a protective net, the risk of a child falling to the ground directly in jumping is extremely high. Alas, there are quite a few such cases.
It is considered more or less safe in the presence of guard rails. Usually children do not follow the sequence in skating, shove and push each other, climb under their arms, try to outrun each other, which is fraught with blows, falls and serious injuries. Take the initiative: on the rights of an adult, offer to roll by turns, gently besiege the most active, do not allow to push. It is not uncommon for a child to fall off the top of a platform that is not properly equipped with handrails, or directly during the slide from the very hill – due to the movement of another child.
You can not leave the child when he is near such simulators, especially during the first training. It is necessary to stand side by side and insure the crumbs – at any time the child’s leg or handle can slip off the crossbar or not find the supports.
Teach your child to hold tight, avoid sudden movements, especially jumps from the attraction or to him. Parental insurance, of course, is mandatory.
Ordinary swings installed in each yard can cause very serious injuries to the child (from minor injuries to concussion). Children often invent extreme ways of riding – standing, sitting with their back, doing the so-called sun, jumping to the ground in the process, running past the swinging swings.
If the baby is susceptible to allergic reactions to some plants or insect bites, especially closely monitor his play. Remember that negligent attitude to this issue may end for your crumbs very sadly.
Not all equally properly educate children. A sweet little girl with an angelic look may turn out to be an unruly little bandit trying to fill other children's eyes with sand or put a footboard on. It's good if the mother of the scamp is within reach. Even better, if it is adequate. But this is not always the case, therefore, the responsible mission for preserving the safety of the child lies on your shoulders.
We all watch TV and read news, and therefore we know that the greatest danger can hide the surrounding adults. Who knows what lies behind the kindly appearance of that dear uncle, who treats children to sweets? Parents of children missing, murdered by maniacs or pedophiles, also did not think that such a nightmarish fate will affect just their boy or girl. Be careful and teach the crumbs the same.
The main principle of safe walking with a child of up to 7 years - you can not leave it unattended. The development of each child individually, and only you can decide whether the son or daughter is ready for independent games: some children and at 5 years are very collected and attentive, and others and by the age of 8 have not yet learned to control themselves in the game.
The god protects, as they say in the people, but it is impossible to envisage all risks, no matter how loving your mother or father you were. Sometimes it takes a fraction of a second for the child to fall off the bicycle or fall off the swing. The only way out is to teach safety together with the child. And not just hammering simple truth into the head of a child, but explaining, explaining, citing examples and analogies.
Do not criticize the baby in advance for imperfections that are not yet perfect for them, do not threaten or intimidate them with danger. An important point: the right motivation is the key to success.
Turn the learning process into a game - for example, become a child in the playground, and he will be in the role of mom or dad to teach you safety. You can come up with and play at home with the help of toys those situations in which you can get on a walk - riding a swing, attacking a dog, an adult attempt to take the child away from the site.
Safety rules on the playground: we learn together with the child
- Before starting any game on the playground, do not be too lazy to inspect it to assess the safety: whether there are any rides and simulators, if there are poisonous plants, animals, pits, dirt and debris in the territory, whether the sandbox is clean.
- If possible, choose a game zone with sand or with a special rubber coating. It is softer to fall on it than on the ground or asphalt.
- Choose for your child shoes with closed fingers and heel, firmly seated on the foot. The other easily falls off and it is easy to damage the foot when it falls.
- Clothes should be comfortable and free, so as not to constrain the active movement of crumbs. Eliminate the objects of the wardrobe, which can be hooked on structures, tree branches and other items - ties, scarves, shoelaces, fluttering ribbons, long lace ruffles, etc.
- Before a walk, check that the baby does not have chewing gum in his mouth, but on the body or in pockets of sharp objects (earrings, bracelets, watch).
- Giving preference to this or that game constructions, measure the child's desires with his age.
- Do not play near swings and other equipment that is used by another child.
- Do not allow to play with the ball outside the designated zones. Especially near transport routes.
- Teach your child on a personal example the right jumps - from the hill, swings, walls and other high surfaces. The jump should be performed on the half-bent legs and immediately on both extremities. Rehearse the correct jumps with the child.
- The crowd can not climb up the hill. Roll off with it should only after the previous child rolled down and moved away from the slip path: only with your feet forward and without leaning over the fences.
- Make sure that there are no other children around when the child starts to swing on the swing, slide off the hill or turn the bicycle pedals.
- In case of dog attack, do not panic at all, do not run and do not look the dog in the eyes. As soon as possible, use a shocker or a gas can. If you do not have neither one nor the other, get a normal deodorant spray.
- Discuss with the child in a confidential tone how to behave in those or other situations: riding on a swing, a bicycle, sliding down a hill, meeting with an aggressive animal. Especially carefully explain to crumbs that you should not trust unfamiliar adults (you can not talk, take anything, go with them).
- Do not leave the baby if he climbs high - he can look down, but be scared of heights and let go of his hands. If you do not have time to run, the child will fall down on his back, and from the horizontal bar - head down.
- Be sure to check that the gates (football, hockey, handball), rainbow ladders, horizontal bars (as well as swings) were well fixed and reliably dug in the ground.
- Discuss with the child how to act if a stranger talks to him (do not take anything, do not go anywhere with him, do not talk).