Increased temperature in the child after vaccination; normal phenomenon or to sound an alarm?
The theme of childhood vaccinations has been hotly debated for many years, but to a common opinion to vaccinate a baby or not, the community of mothers has not yet come. The main argument of those who are against; possible complications and side effects. However, not every reaction is a complication, because of which it is necessary to refuse vaccinations. For example, a rise in temperature in almost all cases is a normal variant of the development of events. To prevent parents from panicking, try to figure out which vaccinations and why they cause fever in a child, how to prepare for vaccination, and how to recognize the alarming signs of complications.
Vaccinations are put for the sole purpose – to form immunity to pathogens. The state of the child after vaccination can be called a disease in a very, very light form. Nevertheless, the immune system of the baby during such illness activates and fights with the pathogen. Accompanying this process with temperature; absolutely normal phenomenon.
- Elevated temperature indicates that the body is immune to the introduced antigen (the body is struggling). In this case, special substances formed during the formation of immunity enter the bloodstream. They lead to an increase in temperature. However, this reaction is very individual. Some people struggle with the body without increasing the temperature.
- The possibility of increasing the temperature depends not only on the characteristics of the body, but also on the vaccine itself: on the degree of its purification and on the quality of the antigens.
After such a period of time, the reaction can only appear on vaccinations against rubella, measles, poliomyelitis and mumps. The temperature does not rise very much, so it should not cause any special concern. If the child was vaccinated not from the list, and after 2 weeks the fever has risen, there is no need to associate temperature and vaccination: it is either a beginning illness or a reaction to teething.
Such unpleasant phenomena for the child as a fever and pain at the injection site are not tolerated by the kids in the best way. It is necessary to ease the baby's condition and try to remove the symptoms of the reaction to the inoculation.
- When the child is sick, the temperature to 38 degrees is not advised to reduce (cm links above). On the temperature after vaccination, this rule does not apply. If the child does not tolerate the temperature to 38 degrees, it can be reduced. It is best to use candles with paracetamol or ibuprofen. The temperature above 38 is difficult to knock down with one candle, so it is better to combine the candles with the syrup, and it is desirable that different active ingredients (for example, a candle with paracetamol (Panadol), syrup with ibuprofen (Nurofen)) are present in the candle and syrup. At a temperature above 38.5, we call an ambulance. Using antipyretic drugs, do not forget to read the instructions so as not to exceed the allowable rate. Important!List of temperature medicines allowed for children up to one year;
- Do not ignore the physical methods of cooling at high temperature: a minimum of clothes, wiping with a damp cloth;
- To facilitate the state of the child, it is necessary to take care of the microclimate of the house: we air the room, moisten the air;
- Usually, with a malaise, the child does not have appetite, therefore, one should not insist on food. To drink on the contrary, you need more to compensate for the loss of fluid. Offer the baby to drink at least a sip, but often;
- To remove the inflammation at the injection site, you can make a lotion with novocaine and lubricate the ointment with the ointment of Troxevasin.
Carefully follow the baby's condition, keep your hand on the pulse and do not hesitate to ask questions to doctors or seek help. If you prepare for vaccinations and keep everything under control - they will not be scary at all.