Choosing a sport for a child, given his character, physique, temperament and health
When a child grows up and becomes more active, some parents have a desire to give it to the sports section. They face a difficult choice, in which they are often guided either by their taste preferences, or by the degree of remoteness of the section from the house. What should I look for when choosing a sport for my child?
In young children an incredible amount of energy and it must be sent to a positive channel. This will make you calm and the baby; cheerful, healthy and vigorous. The most suitable option; sport. But then the question of choosing the right kind of sport immediately arises.
First you need to carefully look at your child. Sport should correspond to its inclinations and character. Forget about your ambitions and take into account only the interests of the child.
When is it worth to give a son or daughter to sports? ; It is best to begin to teach children to the sport from the preschool age, but it is not always possible – young children are not admitted to all sports sections.
If the parents plan to make sports for the child a significant part of his life, the children should be taught to play with the sport from the diapers. How to do it? Equip at home a small sports corner with a Swedish wall, rope and other fixtures. Starting from early childhood, the child will overcome fear, strengthen some muscle groups, learn the available shells, feel pleasure and pleasure from the exercises.
- 2-3 years. Children at this age are full of energy, active and mobile. That’s why at this time it is recommended to do daily gymnastics with children. Kids quickly get tired, so classes should not be long, it’s enough to do some simple exercises (claps, swings, leans, jumps) for 5-10 minutes;
- 4-5 years. This age is especially noteworthy in that the type of physique of the baby is already formed (as well as its character), and talents are just beginning to manifest. This period is most suitable for finding a suitable sports club for your child. This age is good for the development of coordination. Offer the child a choice of acrobatics, gymnastics, tennis, jumping or figure skating. From the age of five, you can start classes at a ballet school or try out yourself in hockey;
- 6-7 years. Excellent time for the development of flexibility and plasticity. Within a year, the joints will reduce their mobility by about 20-25%. You can give the child to any kind of gymnastics, to swim, to begin classes in martial arts or football;
- 8-11 years old. This age period is best suited for developing a child’s speed, agility and skill. Great idea – to give it to rowing, fencing or cycling;
- From 11 years old it is worth stressing on endurance. Children after 11 years are capable of withstanding heavy loads, mastering complex movements and honing them. Choose any kind of sport with the ball, consider as an option athletics, boxing, shooting;
- After 12-13 years there comes an age when the optimal solution will be training aimed at developing strength and endurance.
Our posts in social networks. Subscribe: