We accustom the child to sleep in his crib separately from his mother (video, real stories)
In the modern world, a lot of attention is paid to the mental health of the child. Therefore, many pediatricians, as well as breastfeeding experts advise putting the baby to sleep near the mother, especially in the first few months of life. So the emotional connection grows stronger, and Mom does not need to get out of bed to see if her treasure is asleep, whether it has opened up, or whether it’s frozen …
But time goes by and after some time of such a joint sleep it becomes clear that you need to do something about it, because it’s not easy to get enough sleep now. And only a few know how to begin to teach the child to sleep separately from the mother in her crib, so as not to accidentally cause irreparable harm to the psyche of the baby.
There are no general recommendations as to when to conclude a joint dream. It all depends on the personal characteristics of the child. Some babies from the very birth can safely fall asleep in their crib, separate from their mother, others, and in 4 years, need to sleep with their mother.
However, there are general recommendations that will indirectly say that the baby can move to a personal bed:
- The child is completely excommunicated from breastfeeding;
- A night’s sleep of crumbs lasts at least 5-6 in a row (when the child starts to sleep all night);
- During the day, the baby spends less than 1/3 of the time in the arms of the mother (we wean the child out of the hands);
- If he wakes up alone in bed, it will not cause crying or tantrums;
- There was a proprietary instinct (mine or not mine);
- A child can spend one in a room at least ten to fifteen minutes.
There was a similar problem with the older daughter, until they moved to a new apartment. I can advise moms to buy a toy (or if there is a bear, a bunny, etc., then take it) so that the child can put it to bed.