How to restore a child after antibiotics
When a child’s organism attacks an infection, often doctors prescribe treatment with antibiotics. These are drugs that destroy various bacteria. Although the treatment is directed to pathogens, the useful intestinal microflora of the child suffers. Antibiotics oppress not only bad bacteria, but also those that serve the body as a defense, participate in digestion. This leads to dysbiosis. Depriving useful microflora, not only the intestines, but the whole body suffers. After taking antibacterial drugs, the child loses his appetite, slowly adds weight, and his immune system weakens. These factors lead to the occurrence of frequent colds and beriberi. If the reception of antibiotics is so effective on the body, then how to restore the baby’s body after taking antibiotics?
What drugs will help restore the health of a child after antibiotics?
In the human body, there are many useful microorganisms. They participate in metabolic processes, promote the digestion and assimilation of food, inhibit the multiplication of pathogenic bacteria and fungi. The damage from antibiotics lies in the fact that, together with harmful microorganisms, which became the cause of the disease, they are destroyed and really needed. Of course, the medicine works, and recovery comes. But the body will probably let know that everything is not right with him.
The most common and most noticeable reaction is the intestinal dysbiosis. It is his normal work that must be restored. After all, most of the useful microorganisms that help the digestion process are concentrated there. Even adults are sensitive to changes in the microflora, let alone children. They have unpleasant sensations in the abdomen, flatulence and bloating. Food can not be digested completely, the remaining particles rot. Then they are either accelerated, which causes the child to suffer from diarrhea, or become denser, and constipation occurs.
As soon as the doctor has prescribed antibiotics for the child, you need to immediately buy restorative drugs in the pharmacy:
- Vitamins for children (by age);
- Food additives, for example, Fervital;
- Treatment of a dysbacteriosis at the child is better spent under observation of the doctor. Having studied the results of tests on the state of the microflora of the baby’s intestines, he will determine the degree of dysbiosis. After that, bacteriophages will be prescribed, drugs that suppress the pathogenic flora. Only after their admission the doctor will recommend the reception of beneficial bacteria. Given the degree of dysbiosis in the child, the pediatrician will determine the duration of the course of treatment and the dosage of drugs.
- To restore a healthy microflora in the intestine populate beneficial microorganisms. The most common drug for the treatment of dysbiosis; it Bifidumbacterin (it is available both in powder form and in liquid form). Lactobacillus is taken only after bifidobacteria have already been colonized in the intestine. Often used also Bifiform, Normabakt, Floradofilus. Although all these products are sold without a prescription, self-medication may not have the desired effect unless it is done in a comprehensive manner.
- Restoring a child after taking antibiotics implies compliance with a sparing diet. If you exclude from the diet yeast, fatty, fried, reduce the intake of carbohydrates, then the intestines will recover faster. It is also recommended to refuse food, which contains preservatives, various dyes and other harmful additives. Do not give the child fast food, chips, carbonated drinks, chewing gum, juices of questionable quality.
- Try to enrich the diet with light and healthy food, rich in fiber. Any porridge is welcome, except for mango, boiled or stewed lean meat – veal, beef, turkey, chicken. Fish and liver are also necessary, but they should be cooked or steamed. Vegetables and fruit, give the child a large number. Be sure to include cottage cheese in the menu, it is better to offer it in the morning. Before going to bed, let the child drink a portion of kefir or other sour-milk products. Welcome natural juices and fruit drinks – apple, cranberry. They will help maintain their own microflora in the norm. If possible, reduce the consumption of sugar. You can use honey instead.
- Since with a dysbacteriosis the child is weakened, he needs to replenish the vitamin supply. Within a month and a half the patient needs to take vitamins C and D, as well as vitamins B – B1, B2, B6, observing the preventive dose. In the doubled dosage, the child should be given vitamins A and E, calcium and selenium.
- The weakened organism of the child needs general restorative therapy. This will help lecithin. It increases the production of red blood cells, as well as stimulates the work of the liver, helping it to remove harmful substances from the body. The intake of lecithin is also important because it facilitates the absorption of certain vitamins and trace elements – A, E, K and D.
Our posts in social networks. Subscribe: