How to leave the child alone at home and not worry. Preparation of children and safety rules
Perhaps all parents are familiar with the situation when it is necessary to leave the house for a couple of hours, leaving the child alone. Some mothers go quietly, being confident of the independence of the child, and others do not find their place, every minute nazvanivaya 10-year-old child. When and how much can you leave children alone at home? How to ensure the safety of the child and prepare them for this event?
Experts argue that the optimal age for this kind of autonomy is seven years. The future schoolboy already has an idea of what can and can not be done, uses the phone and carries out parental instructions. But the Seven-Year Plan is only an approximate landmark. It is necessary to take into account the child’s personality: temperament, behavioral features, impulsiveness and level of development of domestic skills.
You do not need to give yourself 5-6-year-old children, no matter how independent they seem. The first impression often turns out to be wrong, and the seemingly so reasonable kid can be confused in a force majeure situation. Experts advise you to rely on this decision not for your child’s age, but solely for your mother’s instincts and feminine intuition.
In many European countries, the abandonment of young children who are not yet 12 years old can lead to the withdrawal of their social services. In some US states, adolescents under the age of 14 must take with them or call a nanny for a period of your absence.
Russian legislation does not provide for special restrictions and clear age limits, on the achievement of which adults can leave the child unattended. In any case, only you are full of responsibility and it’s up to you to decide when to teach your kids independence.
- The child is engaged in his affairs for one and a half to two hours and does not yank his family every five minutes.
- Not afraid of darkness and enclosed space: he plays in the nursery behind a closed door and is able to fall asleep without light.
- He knows the limits of the permitted and the rules of safe conduct, he does not need to repeat why one should not go to the window or talk with strangers.
- Surely uses the means of communication: home and mobile phone, ICQ, Skype.
- You entrust him with certain duties (get out of the room, cover the bed, take care of the pet), with which he successfully copes.
- You do not control every step of it, reminding constantly that you need to collect toys and go to bed.
- He knows the numbers of emergency services and is aware of the responsibility for a false call.
- Can apply for help to neighbors and other close people in case of any problem.
- Do not be offended that his mother leaves him alone, and understands the reason for your employment.
- He dreams of becoming an adult and an independent person.