How to identify a left-hander or right-hander your child
Many parents try to retrain their left-handed children, forcing them to write and use mainly the right one. However, this approach to the child is wrong and can ruin a child’s abilities, because left-handers are born with a more developed left hemisphere of the brain, which means that retraining will ruin all of its potential. Parents need to appreciate the child and contribute independently to the development of his abilities, but how to determine the right-handed or left-handed child in advance? There are a few simple techniques for this.
Learn the predisposition of the child to use the left or right hand can be already in 3-4 months. At this time, children begin to lose rudimentary reflexes and begin to use their hands more sensibly. That hand that begins to lose such reflexes is usually usually leading, but in order to determine it one should sometimes show the child to a specialist.
How to identify a left-handed or right-handed child at a later age? To do this, do not need experts, a few simple tests can be done at home. You just need to ask the child to play some simple tests in the game form:
- Ask the child to twist his fingers; That hand is the leading one, whose thumb is on top.
- Ask the child to cross his arms over his chest. The hand from above is potentially leading.
- Asking to clap. Leading is the hand that performs an active role.
- Give the child two pencils (in each hand), blindfold and ask to draw two circles. The leading hand draws a more accurate circle.
- Give a look at the camera’s viewfinder. The leading eye is the one that the child will look into the hole.
- Ask to unscrew the lid from the bottle of water. Most likely, he will make it a leading hand.
- Ask to cut out a piece of paper with scissors. He will make it a leading hand, however, a left-handed or right-handed child, it is more convenient to use the right hand with most scissors, so many left-handers cut out the right hand.
- Ask to sit and throw one foot on the other. The leading leg in most cases will be on top.