How to choose the right pot for a child?
The first thoughts about the beginning of the process of teaching the baby to the pot come in different ways, some parents are already ready for classes on training with half a year, some from a year. But as psychologists say, the best time for acquaintance and friendship between the baby and the pot is considered to be the age of 1.5 to 3 years.
By this time, the child’s nervous system has matured to such an extent that the baby can already control the urge to defecate and endure to the pot, and begins to realize that wet pants are unpleasant.
An important role in the process of teaching is played not only by the time, perseverance of parents, but also by the culprit of the celebration – the pot. The most important thing is that this device is convenient for the child, comfortable and safe.
So on what criteria to choose a pot for the baby correctly, so that he helped in the learning process, rather than slowing it down?
Parents are offered a wide range of products and different types of pots:
- Classic – this is from childhood familiar to parents an ordinary pot of round shape, and reminds those that were in their childhood;
- Anatomical – more modern model, made in the form of a saddle, with a backrest and a front ledge. On this pot the baby sits with legs apart;
- Pots with a skirt – have in the front part a comfortable footboard, which does not allow to overturn the pot during when the crumb rises or sits;
- A pot – its shape and design are displayed in the title. The pot is equipped with a backrest and stands on legs. Instead of the seat, a container that should be easily removed;
- Pot-toy – the most extensive group of products, made in the form of machines, animals, etc .;
- Musical – a new word in the pottery industry, the most modern model, which is equipped with many additional functions – a music sensor that works when the collection is completed. There may also be light sensors, etc .;
- Foldable – designed for travel and visiting guests. It is made in the form of a rigid seat and a soft folding liner, which after filling – is utilized. You can say this is a small version of the bio-toilet.