How many a child sleeps in 3 months
Sleep is a natural and necessary process for our body, and even more so for a child. Many mothers, worried about the question, but whether their child is sleeping enough. After all, a lack of sleep can adversely affect the health and subsequent development of the baby, just as bad and the surplus. It is clear that every baby is individual, has its own character and temperament, nevertheless, for each age there are certain norms according to which it is necessary to allocate time for rest. Let’s find out how much the child needs to sleep in the month. How to teach a child at this age to the regime and what to do if he sleeps badly?
Usually by the age of 3 months the baby already has a certain mode of wakefulness and rest, it is for him and should be guided by the mother for the formation of the daily routine. At this age the child sleeps less in the daytime, wakes up less at night, falls asleep and wakes up at a certain time.
Sleep rate for baby in 3 months:
- total sleep time is 14-16 hours per day;
- the duration of sleep at night is 10-12 hours;
- the duration of sleep during the day is 4-5 hours (of which 2 long sleeps about an hour and two short ones for 30-40 minutes).
At night, of course, a newborn child can wake up several times if he gets hungry, for example, or something disturbs him (stuffiness, insects in the room), but once the irritant is eliminated, the baby will fall asleep again. So he will gradually get used to a long night's sleep.
Kid does not want to fall asleep: reasons and advice to parents
At the age of 3 months the child becomes much more active and shows a heightened interest in everything that surrounds him. He seeks to communicate more often with his mother through walking, looks at toys over the crib, reaches out to them - all this excites the child's fragile nervous system, and the baby becomes more difficult to fall asleep. But there are several other reasons why the baby does not sleep well, let's see what it can be.
- Unsuitable microclimate in the room - the kids react sharply to the temperature and humidity in the room. The quality of sleep drops sharply, if the baby is stuffy, hot or cold, the air is dried in the room.
- Misfortune - after reaching 3 months in infants, intestinal colic usually passes, and the cutting teeth do not bother. However, the child for some reason may feel bad, feel pain, and therefore be worried and do not fall asleep.
- The tense atmosphere in the family - a little man reacts sharply to the emotional atmosphere in the house. If parents often quarrel, shout, are constantly irritated, the child feels it and also shows anxiety. When the world reigns in peace and harmony, mom and dad are always in a good mood, the baby will be given this, and he will feel pacification and will fall asleep more easily.
- Overabundance of emotions - if the day of the child was full of events and experiences, including pleasant ones, it can also affect the quality of his sleep, especially at night. For example, when visitors came to the house, or the kid visited an event, he did not manage to sleep in the afternoon, by the evening it will be difficult for him to calm down and quickly fall asleep.
- The feeling of hunger - when the crumb is not full and hungry, he will not be able to fall asleep.