How can you punish a child
No upbringing can not do without punishment, even the most patient parents to them once resort. A child who is allowed small pranks sometimes crosses the line, even realizing that he is doing poorly. Together with the child grows and the degree of his misconduct.
It is important for parents to determine how much punishment is generally needed, and what measures should be avoided.
Punishment should be a kind of lesson that allows the child to realize his own mistakes and do not repeat them again.
We shall understand, what offenses of the kid do not demand punishment:
- Cognition of the world and everything new. If the child constantly drags pebbles into the mouth, tries to touch the iron, checks the strength of the toy, the punishment is not appropriate. This behavior is a natural reaction of the baby, he knows the surrounding reality, tries to absorb information about the objects and their properties. Of course, this is natural until a certain age, a five-year-old crumb with a pebble in his mouth, this is already a simple pampering.
- No experience. Do not punish the crumbs for their inability to walk on the potty, awkward movements, unconscious damage to furniture, the selection of toys from children on the street. Perhaps your child simply does not have enough life experience and skills.
- Jealousy and affection. If your baby has a fit of hysterics, not letting his mother into the store, or refused to play with his younger brother because of jealousy, this is not an excuse for punishment. A stimulus to understand the relationship, to find out the causes of jealousy and it is possible to explain to the crumb that the mother may absent himself, but will not abandon him for anything.
- Immediacy. Kids are naturally naive and spontaneous, can disclose a family secret, or at all to think up fairy tales. Punishment is better replaced by a serious conversation, as in the case of a simple negligence. In crumbs often shows fearlessness and spontaneity, it is important to let the baby know what his actions will lead to trouble.
- Physiological needs. Punishment should not follow the refusal of dinner, or the constant requirement of going to the toilet, when parents are very uncomfortable. Like any person, a child may want and not want to eat, drink, go to the toilet.