Diarrhea in a one-year-old child
One of the common causes of death among children is ordinary diarrhea. Annually about 1 000 000 kids die from it. Therefore, do not treat diarrhea as a symptom that you do not need to pay attention to. The same goes for self-treatment. Diarrhea in a child 1 year can be caused by a variety of reasons and without qualified care can cause irreparable harm to the developing organism.
Diarrhea in a child is diagnosed if the stool occurs more than 3-4 times a day. In this case, stool masses are liquid and unformed. The reasons for this problem can be a lot: from a child eaten porridge to a virus that struck the intestines. Therefore, it is pointless to try to independently treat. You can only add problems. It is necessary to call a pediatrician immediately. He, with the help of a pediatric gastroenterologist, if necessary, will be able to determine the cause of diarrhea and cure the root of the problem.
Depending on the reasons that caused diarrhea in a one-year-old baby, doctors distinguish several types of diarrhea, each of which requires a different treatment:
- Infectious. It arises from the effects on the intestines of bacteria and viruses: dysentery bacillus, salmonella or intestinal flu.
- Toxic. This is an ordinary food poisoning, but not only. It can cause besides poor-quality food also medicines, the use of toxic substances, including household chemicals. Also to this type of diarrhea are listed and digestive problems caused by poisoning the body due to renal failure.
- Alimentary. The emergence of diarrhea in this case – the result of a violation of diet or an allergic reaction, including medications.
- Medicamentous. Unlike other types of diarrhea, in this case antibiotics are the only reason. The intake of such tablets adversely affects the intestinal microflora, causing dysbiosis and diarrhea.
- Neurogenic. This is the result of the overexcitement of the infant’s nervous system. It can be caused by any very strong emotional experience.
- Dyspeptic. This type of diarrhea is typical only for children under 2 years old. The cause of the disturbance of the work of the stomach and intestines is the process of forming the organs of the digestive tract and their habituation to new types of food.