Children and pocket money. How to teach a child how to properly treat money
To the child knew the value of money, he realized that they do not fall from the sky, and they earn money, children should be taught from the very childhood to properly manage money. Will we try to figure out whether to give money to children at all for pocket expenses? We’ll figure out how to react correctly, if suddenly it turns out that the child steals money. To understand how to raise responsibility and proper attitude to money in a child, so that the child does not grow greedy, it is necessary to consider all aspects of the money issue.
Cartoon for children: What is money?
Arguments for giving money to children:
- Having own money teaches children to dispose of their personal budget (save, save for something);
- Children learn to choose what is more important at the moment, learn to prioritize;
- The presence of pocket money causes children to desire to have more, and, consequently, is an excellent incentive for earning in adult life;
- Disposal of own money brings up in children independence, responsibility and confidence;
- Having your own finances gives the child a sense of being a full member of the family and society;
We recommend a book on the topic: Children and money (Author: Bliskavka Evgenia A. You can download here http://moneykids.ru/)
It is absolutely necessary to give money to children. Otherwise, how will they learn to properly manage them? And if you follow all the advice and precautions, you will raise financial independence in the child and give him the right attitude to the money.
From what age to give children pocket money and whether it is necessary?
Pocket money for children: give or not?
Children and money; do I give the children money? If yes, how much? And what if the child requires money, but their parents do not? Teacher-consultant Victoria Proskurov answers the questions of the host transfer School bus of Mikhail Arshavsky: