At what age does the child need a room of his own?
With the advent of the child, he is given a place in the parent bedroom, where the interior changes beyond recognition: wallpapers with cute cubs, curtains with bunnies, a cot appear. How to understand that it’s time to move the crumbs to a separate room?
Some families postpone the resettlement of the baby, and in others this process is accompanied by a child’s cry, hysterics and stress for all household members.
There are 2 common approaches:
- The earlier to resettle, the easier. Many almost from birth, put the child in a separate cot and soon transferred to a separate room. In such families, it is believed that the baby will grow up independent, if from the early age learns to sleep alone. We also read:We teach the child to sleep in their crib separately from their mother (video, real stories).
- The closer the baby, the calmer. Some parents tend to keep the child close for a longer time so that they feel protected and, accordingly, grow calm and confident.
Both approaches have advantages and disadvantages and only parents decide how to deal with their children. Yet it is worth considering the characteristics of each age.
Detaching an infant into a separate room is a serious decision. At the age of 1 year, the crumb needs very much mother’s milk, the warmth of her body and constant care.
This act has other negative aspects:
- It is difficult to maintain the optimum temperature in a separate room.
- Parents are not around to cover or open the baby in time.
- Mom will not get enough sleep, constantly running into the room to the little girl who asks for attention.
Yet many parents who chose this option are happy and point out its advantages:
- The kid immediately gets used to his room, and then you do not have to change anything.
- In the children’s bedroom is always quiet. There is nothing to stop the rest in peace, and mom and dad can watch TV, talk and go to bed whenever they want.
Having decided to move the child to a separate room, think about his safety. Grudnichok has not yet learned to crawl – and suddenly he accidentally bury his nose in a blanket? Do not leave soft things in the crib, remove the pillow. Put the bed itself away from the sockets, electrical appliances and battery. For the safety of the child and their own peace of mind, you can install a radio or baby monitor to always know what is happening with the baby.
I believe that a child, if he is alone, needs his personal room only from adolescence. Why forcefully move out somewhere, if the child does not want it?
I'm of the opinion, the earlier, the better. The son began to sleep separately in six months. The radio nurse will say when the child is crying, you can even watch not only hear. Those. the child is not abandoned.
I believe that the sooner the better. It is necessary to accustom the child to independence from an early age; clean in your room, cover the bed with you, etc. We did and the child becomes independent, knows how to do many things himself.