In how many months the boy is ready to sit down and when the sitting position is safe for the spine
Some time after birth the child spends exclusively in a horizontal position, most favorable for its correct development. Approximately by the middle of the first year of life, most babies become more active and seek to explore the world, trying to grasp the hands of the mother or the handrails of the crib and sit down. Many parents suppress these attempts, fearing to harm the health of the crumbs, especially if it’s a girl. The question of sitting the male toddler often remains open. How many months can you put the boys in order not to cause harm to their health? Let’s try to understand.
The spine of the newborn is a straight line. Natural bends, characteristic for the bearing of an adult, are formed in several stages:
- At 3-4 months, when the child begins to hold his head in the supine position, cervical lordosis appears – the physiological arching of several upper vertebrae forward.
- By the half-year as a result of finding the ability to sit, a thoracic kyphosis is formed: the middle part of the spine is gradually bent back under the action of gravity.
- Approximately in 9-10 months, when the crumb learns to stand on the legs and takes the first steps, the lumbar lordosis forms.
- On the knees of an adult in a reclining position, putting the crumbs face to him or leaning his back against his stomach.
- Lying on your back on a hard surface (floor, cot, sofa, changing table). To do this, you need to grasp the grip of the handles for the thumbs of the mother. Slightly holding the wrist of the son, you should gently lift it by the hands and return to its original position.
- Some babies prefer to sit down alone from a standing position on all fours, leaning on their outstretched hands and fingering them on the floor. In this case, it is necessary to hold the crumb slightly behind your back so that it does not collapse on your side and does not hit.
Physical exercises with a baby should be done when he is full, cheerful and in good spirits. You can plant a child in many ways:
The first plantings should be regular and short-term: no more than 15-30 seconds per approach. Gradually, the time of finding a crumb in the new position can be increased. To ensure that the spine is easier to adapt to the load, it is recommended to install the backrest of the stroller, car seat and chaise longue, in which the baby is at an angle of 45 °. Put the boy in any of the devices with a straight back can, starting from 8-9 months, when he learns to sit well on his own.