16 Ways to Make a Child Happy
The most difficult task of modern education is to preserve the well-being of the child and make him happy. Gone are the good times when parents spent a lot of time with their children. The way of life changes so much that the whole family gathers together only at dinner or on weekends. But every problem has a solution. We bring to your attention 16 steps to raise a happy child.
1. Take more time. On the question: How to make a child happy? you can answer simply – spend more time with him. Even if you are busy, give the son or daughter a little attention. Read them fairy tales at night, play games on weekends. These simple activities will make your child much happier.
2. Show that you need it. The child has an inborn need to be needed. Let him feel that he is making a small, but unique contribution to the family from an early age. This will not only make him a little happier, but also increase self-esteem. Already in three years, children can perform simple tasks: spread napkins during lunch or pour dry food into a cat’s bowl. Try to give a commission that promotes the development of the child. If the kid likes to systematize items, instruct him to work on sorting forks and spoons. If he likes to babysit, ask to entertain the younger sister while you are cooking dinner.
3. Accept the child as he is. Do not expect the child to learn to speak pure English in three years if he does not yet pronounce all the sounds of his native language. Develop its potential, do not chase the title of child prodigy.
4. Do not realize your dreams in it . Some parents, raising a child, make another mistake – they try to realize through their dreams their unfulfilled dreams. Frequently grown up children go to the university, which adults have chosen for them. It is not necessary to deprive your child of a happy and, most importantly, independent future. Leave a choice for him.
5. Do not scold the child. Never scold the baby himself, focus on his actions, and not on character traits or abilities. If he is still too small and does not understand the inadmissibility of such actions, clearly say: You can not do this! You can not chastise the child in front of everyone. All you need to say to him, say it in private.
6. Encourage the child to have useful habits.
Many bad habits people get in childhood. The most common is malnutrition. Most parents face this problem. They feed children with chips, crackers, hamburgers, which can cause obesity and other unpleasant consequences. To make a child healthy and happy, plant useful habits, of course, by example.
7. Set the daily routine. An important moment in the upbringing of the child is the daily routine. This helps the kid not only to feel the time, but also organizes it. It is necessary to develop a daily routine for the whole family and strictly adhere to it. A child who watches TV or plays in a computer late in the night does not get enough sleep and is constantly annoyed because of any little things. Lack of sleep can seriously impair the relationship in the family.
8. Create a harmonious relationship. The child feels that there is something wrong with the family if the parents quarrel. He becomes restless, depressed. The child loves you both. Do not specify who is more: Mom or Dad. Psychologists argue that a child who lived in an atmosphere of struggle and hostility, grows miserable. The best thing you can do for the peace of mind of your baby is to provide a safe family environment where love, trust, support and encouragement are visible in every gesture (See the article on how to properly encourage a child).
9. Appreciate your child. If he has learned something new or achieved something, point to it and praise. A high score from important adults positively influences the development of the child. At the same time, do not overdo it! Do not use words like the best, perfect and gorgeous. Otherwise, there is a risk to grow an egoist.