12 signs of spoiled child
A spoiled baby is a real headache for parents. Constantly seeking his, he begins to consider himself the main person in the world. If the darling is faced with legal requirements and prohibitions, then the mother is waiting for a loud hysterical. How to re-educate a small egoist? How to understand that it is your child who is too spoiled? In our material, psychologists advice for those parents who allow too much for their children.
Spoiling can add a lot of unpleasant moments to the already grown up child. In adulthood, no one will constantly admire him, solve all his requests with a wave of a magic wand. Hence – the collapse of hopes and deep disappointment in the people around him. Let’s look at the brightest and most distinctive features of child spoiling.
- The child categorically refuses to share. Spoiled children are self-centered, because they are given everything they want, on demand. Toys, sweets, your attention – it’s no wonder they refuse to share with peers and adults.
- He often succumbs to hysterics. Attacks of spontaneous hysteria are relatively normal in children under the age of three to four years. Sometimes it’s the only way to express your feelings, but preschoolers have hysterics – already a tool for manipulation.
- He is extremely dependent on his parents. If your child can not fall asleep, when you are not in the room, do not want to stay with the grandmother or in the kindergarten, then this is already a sign of spoiling. As you grow up, you need to learn how to feel comfortable with other people.
- Selective in food. There is nothing wrong with preparing special meals for a child with special dietary needs. But if a healthy kid insists on an individual menu every evening, this can be a sign of spoiling.
- He is always unhappy with everything. Baby grumbles for any reason: he does not like toys, clothes, cooked soup. He quickly gets bored with new cars and a trip to the park. He immediately demands to buy a thing that he saw from another child: I want the same scooter!
- He does not help his parents. It is perfectly normal to help a child clean up toys if he is not yet three more years old. But when you continue to bring order to him further, he has the conviction that this will always continue.
- He is rude to adults. The habit of getting what you want leads to the fact that the child begins to treat the parents too much. Why be polite to those who fulfill all of his requirements? Disrespect for mother often turns to general rudeness. (Why do children trouble?)
- The child has to be persuaded. The spoiled kid does not recognize the authorities – parents, grandmothers and educators. Therefore, their demands mean absolutely nothing to him. If a child asks for something, he begins to be harmful. And get the desired mom can only after much persuasion.
- He manipulates adults. Rude, obtrusive, manipulative behavior is typical for capricious children. To achieve his own goal, the child uses all available means: hysterics, tears, a different approach to parents. If mom does not buy ice cream, he will go to grandmother. Granny, I love you more than anyone else in the world, – he will say until she does not forbid him anything.
- He makes his parents blush. Spoiled kid considers himself the center of the galaxy. To attract attention, he can interrupt adults, shout loudly, make hysterics with a large crowd of people. Inability to behave in public places sometimes becomes a real problem, which, due to permissiveness, is difficult to correct.
- He is not responsible for his actions. Whatever the baby did, a beloved mother, a good dad and his grandparents adoring him immediately eliminate any consequences. Knocked a neighbor girl? So she is to blame. In such hothouse conditions, children grow up, but do not grow up.
- Do not perceive the word no and you can not. Spoiled children find it difficult to understand that they may not get something. Involuntary desire is forgiven very small children, but 4-6-year-old babies it is not peculiar. A capricious child, any refusal accompanies loud sobs, perceiving it as the end of the world.