Do not assume that breastfeeding is so natural a process that the baby always willingly takes the breast and eats with pleasure. Be prepared for the fact that at times the crumb will refuse from mother’s milk. Try to look for the cause of what is happening.
Too indifferent attitude to food can be a personal feature of the baby and even inherited. Consider if any of the close relatives show similar qualities.
Appetite depends on temperament. The little phlegmatic person always eats slowly and reluctantly, the choleric and melancholic can lose their appetite because of a trifle, the sanguine person is difficult to stay at the table for more than 5 minutes.
Try to understand what type your child is, and do not forget about it.
One of the reasons for the failure of breastfeeding is the uncomfortable posture of both participants in the process. Turn the baby to him and gently squeeze. Head crumbs should not be thrown back.
If it touches your chest with your chin, it sees your face well. Smile, and everything will be fine. The child can refuse from mother’s milk if he does not have enough strength to suck: tired, not enough sleep, not in the mood.
The only way out is to give it a rest. Do not worry that the feeding schedule is broken. Having gained strength, the baby will eat a double portion.
If the child is sick, then he always eats poorly. This body reaction is considered natural and helps to cope with the disease.
No need to worry about the fact that the baby loses weight and feed it forcibly, after recovery, he quickly catch up.
- Appetite and mood are interrelated. Even a perfectly healthy baby can refuse to eat just because he is sad. A crumb will not want to be distracted by food, when absorbed in some business. If the mother insists on a break, the baby either refuses to eat completely or swallows everything in one minute. Both options are bad. Be patient and wait, sooner or later, hunger declares itself.
- If the child does not accept any product, do not force it. Wait a few days, usually three or four, and then try again. Do not eat? Take a break again. If you refused, and this time – offer another product.
- Most often, the child refuses to lure because they can not understand how it is done and that this procedure can deliver a lot of pleasure. If as often as possible there is in the presence of the baby, depicting great pleasure from the process of eating, the crumb will definitely want to join in a new action for him.
- If after a year the child doesn’t eat adult food, you may have made mistakes when introducing complementary foods, or maybe this is a feature of your baby. In any case, do not worry. Very often, children eat little and develop well.
- Never compare the appetite of your child and the child of a friend, girlfriend, neighbor. All children are different, they may have their own preferences and tastes. It often happens that a child with an excellent appetite refuses to give up everything at once, while a little one, on the contrary, gets interested in everything at once.
If you want your child to sleep well at night, do not allow too much sleep during the day. The average daily need for sleep in children is as follows: up to 3 months – 16–20 hours; 6 months – 14.5 hours; 12 months – 13.5 hours.
Create a ritual of going to sleep: bathing, swaddling, feeding, lullaby, laying in a crib. No matter how long the ritual takes, the sequence of actions is important.
It will be easier for a baby to fall asleep if it is laid at the same time in the evenings. And in the same place – so do not change the position of the crib and rarely leave the crumbs for the night with relatives.
In order to quickly and easily fall asleep, the crumb must lie in a bed in a good mood and, oddly enough, rested. Otherwise, he will only recover the first half of the night and devote only the second half to a full sleep.
Make night sleep a priority for the whole family. Despite the fact that you want to watch a movie or read a book, go to bed.
Even babies understand that if the whole apartment is asleep, then they should do it.
As soon as you see that the baby wants to sleep, put him down. Moreover, it is better to do it half an hour earlier than half an hour later, and it will take so much time on average for him to want to sleep again.
Do not combine breastfeeding and bedtime. Feed for some time before bedding, after feeding, change into other clothes (on the one in which the baby was fed, the mother’s smell remains, and the kids associate it with food) and let the other person hold it on their hands if there is such an opportunity.
Do not rock children in their arms before bedtime. Toddlers have a great sense of change and can easily wake up as soon as you put them into bed.
The child should in no case sleep in the room where the TV is running. Even if the baby, as it seems to his parents, is sleeping peacefully, his brain receives a whole stream of unnecessary noise.