All types of products are called food, except for breast milk and its substitutes, which are included in the diet of the first year of life. What gives the child their appearance in the diet?
– They provide his body with nutrients, whose reserves in his mother’s milk, he eventually is not enough. There comes a time when the baby needs serious “supplies” necessary for the development of vegetable proteins and oils, different groups of carbohydrates.
– The updated diet provides children with energy, whose costs increase with age.
– He helps them learn to chew, and the digestive system – to organize their work.
– New products introduce your child to the tastes and flavors of food.
– Over time, he learns that it is different – liquid, thickish or in pieces – and it can be mixed.
– So gradually, the child is close to becoming a full participant in family dinners.
The timing of the appearance in the diet of the baby new products and their sequence are calculated taking into account the capabilities of his body. The digestive system of a small one should get stronger and establish the production of enzymes for its splitting, and he himself – learn to swallow semi-liquid and more dense food. Research and experience in observing babies have led experts to conclude that it is possible to acquaint a child with new products after the 4th month of life.
On the other hand, this consideration does not cancel the WHO resolution adopted in 2002, which recommends feeding babies with breast milk without supplementing the menu or even feeding with water for up to 6 months. True, you need to make one reservation – if the mother eats well and her baby develops safely.
Considering the peculiarities of Russian life, domestic experts still advise introducing complementary foods to babies early: at the age of 4 to 6 months.
If you notice that.
- the baby does not get fed up with breast milk or a mixture, that is, cries after feeding, waves hands and legs restlessly, opens its mouth or does not stop sucking breast or bottle when you want to pick them up;
- began to slowly gain weight;
- the appearance of the first teeth is delayed.
. talk to your doctor, perhaps it’s time to help the little one and introduce him to new products.
The question of when to start introducing a baby with new products should be decided by your pediatrician – here everything depends on how the child feels and develops. It must be said that a noticeable delay in the timing of the appearance of each innovation, as well as lagging behind them, can cause problems, so be careful and follow the advice of the doctor.
Hurrying, you can cause the intolerance of the baby to a new product and even allergies, and lingering – the lag in the development of the digestive system, masticatory apparatus, lack of nutrients, problems in the bowels. In addition, in the first case, new products will not serve as an addition to breast milk, but will begin to replace it, which will not benefit small.
In the second situation, it will be difficult for a child to get used to food that is denser than milk.