Eternal perfumery values: elegance, freedom, sensuality, seduction. But the masters create their masterpieces, based not on abstract concepts.
Arman Petizhan, the great perfumer and founder of LANCÔME, drew inspiration from the travels and colors that he brought from trips – he used them in his creations, making the most unexpected combinations. For example, this is how he described Tropiques, one of the five fragrances he created in 1935 and presented at the opening of the exhibition in Brussels, where the brand debuted: “Honey with a heavy plume of fragrant plants and spices.”
Emilio Valeros, perfumer of the Spanish perfume house LOEWE, admits: “The source of my inspiration is primarily a work of art. For example, when creating the Solo Loewe fragrance, the inspiration for me was the famous painting The Portrait of an Aristocrat by Spanish artist El Greco. ” “First of all, the idea is important,” sums up Olivier Cresp, the author of many perfumery best-sellers (Angel from Thierry Mugler, Light Blue from Dolce Gabbana, Ange ou Demon from Givenchy, CH from Carolina Herrera). – It can arise from a childhood memory, an interesting conversation or a walk in nature. “.
- The rich tradition of Italian opera is paid tribute to the collection of Note di Colonia by ACQUA DI PARMA. It was in Parma – the city of Giuseppe Verdi and Arturo Toscanini – a hundred years ago Colonia scent debuted. Passion and emotions that make up the precious world of high art are revived in three new readings, each of which is a modern reading of the very first, unique composition.
- Verbena’s even rows, washed with morning dew, fill the pre-dawn air with invigorating freshness – this is the savory, refreshing and incredibly light “Verbena” (L’OCCITANE) evokes memories of the harvest in the picturesque village of Drom-Provence in the north of Provence (or golden autumn) in the north of Provence (or golden autumn) in the picturesque Drome-Provence village in the north of Provence (or golden autumn in the north of Provence (or golden autumn) in the picturesque Drom-Provence village in the north of Provence (or golden autumn) in the north of Provence (or golden autumn) in the picturesque Drom-Provence village in the north of Provence (or golden autumn in the north of Provence) ).
- A reflection of the vibrant culture of the Middle East – perfume novelty Beyond Rose (CLINIQUE). A unique combination of precious balms and resins, united around a chord of a wild damask rose, combines the past, present and future, beckoning and attracting to itself a mysterious aura.
The bottle in which the aroma is enclosed is an important detail of its perception, a kind of signal that is perceived at a subconscious level, and sometimes a decisive argument in favor of the purchase. An elegant bottle is a real jewel that pleases the eye and emphasizes style.
The world saw bottles of glass, plastic and wood, containers “dressed” in fur and leather, bottles in the form of a grenade, a corset and a globe … As the perfumery art developed, the bottles also changed. Almost a century ago, the laconic form and rectangular cork of the perfume bottle Chanel No. 5 (the fragrance was born in 1921) was considered to be a model of avant-garde, and today it is a classic standard!
Also focusing on his own idea of the sense of beauty, the iconic designer Karim Rashid created a bottle of Jeu d’Amour l’Elixir especially for KENZO (Prada, Alessi, Umbra – his clients, and, by the way, he developed the statuette for the Golden Gramophone Music Prize “): Above all, the scent tells of love. Therefore, for the whole line of Jeu d’Amour, I chose discreet sensuality in shape and created a bottle, the curves of which are poetic and expressive at the same time. I believe that, like my works, Jeu d’Amour l’Elixir gives its owner the courage to break the rules.
But the men’s cufflink didn’t just inspire Jason Wu, the creative director of BOSS Womenswear, to create a new Boss The Scent For Her (“There is something instinctively attractive and seductive in a woman dressed in a man’s suit,” he further emphasizes her femininity ”, but also on “vestments” for him. Comparison of male and female began reflected in the design of the bottle: smooth, delicate lines of glass of pink champagne shade, which stretch upward, crowns the cuff link, presented in the form of elegant jewelry.
- Alien Divine Ornamentation, MUGLER: collection bottle-mascot: covers a thin layer of gold patina – a luxurious amethyst is decorated with splashes of gold from the 708th and 750th samples.
- Gucci Bamboo, GUCCI: smooth crystal-clear glass edges, elegant Art Deco lines and soft curves that create the effect of an endless play of light all emphasize the soft, sensual nature of toilet water.
- Dance, SHAKIRA: the shape of the bottle conveys the movements of the famous Shakira dance, as well as the energy, rhythm, passion and sensuality with which the novelty from the Colombian singer is charged.
According to classical canons, perfumes are composed according to the principle of a pyramid: at the base lies the flavors of the final note, which give the composition stability (this is what we usually call a train), the middle chords are the heart of the fragrance, its main theme, and the top is light volatile smells, thanks to which we get the first idea of perfume. Due to this distribution of roles, the aroma does not sound like a cacophony of aromatic concentrate, but unfolds gradually and harmoniously.
- The third version of the acclaimed Black Opium – Black Opium Nuit Blanche (YSL) is a completely new scent that knocks down and drags into its depths. Corporate base chord – notes of coffee. Heart notes are revealed with a sharp fresh sound of orange tree flowers, and the all-consuming veil of white musk envelops the scent with warmth and tenderness, leaving behind a sensual train.
- JO MALONE’s Basil Neroli is a fresh, spicy, scented bouquet of summer memories. The top notes of the fragrance are sparkling basil, while neroli is in his heart. Cedar shade gives vigor, and citrus creates a feeling of a warm touch of sunlight and a flower meadow.
- Airofstyle (MAC): the top notes of red dates and wild peonies set the tone for the whole fragrance. A trio of tuberose, orange and jasmine flowers shamelessly merges with hints of ylang-ylang and violet root. The charm is increased with lower notes of leather, rare woods and vetiver, framed by the blow of tonka beans and golden drops of amber crystals.